Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anita
    Participant

I recently installed the new Experience and Power plugins to retain store pages. But, since I have, I get the error “This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.” on the maps on the store pages. I have an API key, which works for the main map; but, it won’t work on the store pages. I have no restrictions on the API key too.

Cici
    Keymaster

Lenny,

Could provide the site url? I would think the store pages Map would behave the same way.  I will bump this up to Lance

Anita
    Participant

The main map is located at http://frsteam.com/locations/. You can go to any of the store pages by clicking on “Visit Location Page” in any of the location bubbles.

Cici
    Keymaster

What is your Page Template/

other plugins or themes that you may be using has something  with an iframe gstatic map.   The error seems to be there, it has nothing to do with the Google MAP API loading but an error with drawing the map.

See the documentation about the template and what can interfere with the Location Page Map in Documentation

The Map Attribute

The map attribute will output a self-contained Google Map showing the location.  The map is generating using the standard div and JavaScript driver model not an iframe.   The location must have valid latitude and longitude settings (be geocoded).    Other plugins and themes that include Google Maps but do not follow best practices for implementation may prevent pages maps from rendering.

[storepage map=location] will show  a map that centers on the location with a map marker for the location lat/long.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

The map is not loading because your target location pages are full of JavaScript errors.  These errors are preventing the page from ever reaching the Store Locator Plus code that loads and manages the map.

Use your web browser developer tools and look at the “console” item in developer tools.  You will see dozens of errors any number of which may be forcing the JavaScript to stop early.

Example:
    http://frsteam.com/store-page/frsteam-of-virginia/

Errors:
    SyntaxError: missing ] after element list in core.js part of /gre/modules/commonjs (not part of SLP)

DOMException in tidyUtil.js (not part of SLP)

Connection closed on your listener for the Promise backend (server likely timed out due to service failure, not part of SLP)

Inline error “initMap is not a function” (not part of SLP)

In addition you have an expired Google Maps Key loaded somewhere.  Maybe part of your rogue map plugin/theme that you have living beside Store Locator Plus.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1081"]FRS Team JavaScript Failures FRS Team JavaScript Failures[/caption]

IMPORTANT:

“You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page” indicates that you have another plugin loading Google Maps (or your WordPress theme is doing so).    SLP will only load the map source ONCE on any page is manages.   You can turn OFF Google Maps within SLP if they are provide by your theme or another plugin in order to avoid conflicts, but I cannot guarantee that your theme or other plugin is loading the correct version of Google Maps and thus cannot guarantee it will perform as expected.

My recommendation : figure out what plugin or theme element is loading Google Maps and make it stop doing so on your SEO pages like the one noted here.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

As an aside – if you need assistance ferreting out the problem we do offer WordPress consulting services for non-SLP issues via Cyber Sprocket.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.