Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ws2
    Participant

A client recently brought to my attention that their “Locate a Dealer” map (powered by Store Locator Plus) I opened the plugin page in Word Press, and there was no longer an API key (update?). I added a new API key, trying it with and without application restrictions, and I don’t yet see a change.

The console lists the following problems:

• This page includes a password or credit card input in a non-secure context. A warning has been added to the URL bar.
    • You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.
    • Google Maps API warning: SensorNotRequiredutil.js:246 Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys

I’ve tried deactivating all other plugins, with no luck on removing the “multiple times” warning, but haven’t had any luck yet. Would getting past that fix the “NoApiKeys” problem? The API Key is installed in General>Server.

I’m using Word Press 4.9 (the plugin wasn’t working before theme update), and version 4.8.7 of the plugin (from a few months ago.

Thank you in advance for the help, I did not build this site, and it’s taken me awhile to get this far.

Colin Baker

Cici
    Keymaster

Could you provide your Plugin environment ? The Plugin environment tells us what versions , etc. A screenshot is best.

You have multiple issues as you are probably aware.   The sensor not required indicates there is a theme or a plugin that is old and never updated.   That has not been an issue for years with Google Maps so a plugin or your theme is using very outdated Google APIs

Check out the troubleshooting guide

You were on the right track , but  as you mentioned turning off plugins didn’t help because the issue is in your theme your hometown theme has a Google MAP API included. They also have  in the script an Ajaxform fatal error

If you look at that failure using the browser tools you see the syntax error: “Uncaught TypeError: $(…).ajaxForm is not a function!”

The map not showing is an issue because of the above failures it never “get” s to SLP

More info in troubleshooting

“The Store Locator Plus map is a very visible indicator that something is wrong with the JavaScript on your site.  It is often the first thing you will notice.  Often the problem is not with the Store Locator Plus code.   Since the SLP plugin cannot control if its JavaScript is run first or last there is a high likelihood that some other broken JavaScript runs before it.  When that happens and there is a fatal error in the other code ALL the scripts stop running on the page, including the SLP JavaScript.  That means the SLP script won’t talk to Google and that means Google won’t get the request to load the map tiles.”

If your theme author does not fix their issues,  I would try another theme.  Make sure to have a staging site or dev site so that you do not lose everything, and make sure you are using a back-up tool, we suggest jetPack.

If you need  total support revamping the site you  can contact us  and we will put you in touch with the Cybersprocket team.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.