Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FreshPoint
    Participant

I emailed this as well but am posted here as I’m not sure of the correct way to get this to you.

We have a few possible customizations/changes that we need quoted.

1. Changing the radius search dropdown to an sliding bar: http://webtutsdepot.com/2010/04/24/html-5-slider-input-tutorial/
    2. Changing the map code so the pins on the map reflect the search results. This means if I search for a tag of ‘tomatoes’ then only the pins for locations tagged by tomatoes would show on the map.
      Right now the ‘listing’ updates with search results but the map pins don’t change. This is problematic for us as we may have multiple locations in the same area but with different attributes that the client needs to be able to search by. While the list results do work, the pins are confusing to them.
    3. Adding an option/functionality to have the map display with an semi transparent color overlay over everything not in the searched for radius and dotted line around the radius.
    4. Creating the ability for us to use the search and/or results shortcode outside of the map plugin but on the same page.
      We would want to use the search fields as part of an initial view and then display the map only when the user submits the form
    5. On the ‘pages’ plugin, allow for print, email and ‘share this’ buttons.
      The ‘share this’ button would need to be able to have certain image and text from a certain field used for social sharing. So the pages plugin settings would need to be able to accepts parameters for which image field is used for the og tag of the image and which text field is used for the description and title. 

Would it be possible to have these things quoted for separately?

Thank you

FreshPoint
    Participant

It looks like item4 would be unnecessary due to the ‘hide map until search’ feature, so you can disregard it.

I do have a question about how that works but i’ll put it on a different ticket.

Cici
    Keymaster

Received your email. The hide map until search documentation
    I do not believe there can be a print button custom built into the current WP plugin I recall this type of question a while back , perhaps it would be something that is built into the SaaS development. But I will let thhe developer get back to you on that when he can

FreshPoint
    Participant

Hi. It’s been 5 days…is there any update from the developer?

Cici
    Keymaster

The request is being looked at by both Lance and DeBaat.  It is possible that DeBaat may be the one to look into your request for the share button as an integration with his current social media extension add-on. I have no additional information at this time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Customization request’ is closed to new replies.