2016 , bye bye bye… Here’s to you 2017! : We are looking forward to a productive and prosperous year. Last of the year updates for the WordPress Store Locator Plus plug-in as well as updated versions for the featured Power, and Experience add-ons as well as new Premier functionality and features.
Before updating the add-ons, you will be required to update the base Store Locator Plus plugin to 4.7 or higher. Note: If you have bookmarks and/or “auto- form fill” to your WordPress Store Locator Plus account you will need to change the WP-SLP url to the new url .
You can review the WordPress Store Locator Plus change log here.
- As of 2017, the WordPress Store Locator Plus plugin site is now https://wordpress.storelocatorplus.com/
- Interactive settings, if you check a box, the corresponding features that are effected will be highlighted.
- Faster DB loading of options.
- Added support for CRON hooks in smart options.
- Update admin CSS menus for narrow displays.
- Dismiss Notifications
- Gracefully capture invalid REST API requests for smart options that do not exist.
- Results Interactions mode (See Video)
- Scheduling your geocode locations process via CRON (See Video)
- Slightly faster scheduled imports.
- Better messaging for Premier Scheduled Geocoding tasks.
- Bulk geocode all uncoded has been fixed and now geocodes ALL records not every-other one.
- Schedule messages moved to General / Schedule tab.
- Log import messages checkbox and Log schedule messages checkbox are on the General tab so Premier can play too.
- Admin UI hints on related settings.
Store Locator Plus base plug-in was updated and published April 1, 2016.
The main change is within the zoom level adjustment for the map as noted in the developers blog this past week.
This update also added a new Documentation button , displayed as a globe in the top right hand corner of the pages in the Admin panel to link to the new Documentation site, and fixed some broken links under the help text. The help ? question mark is transparent until you hover over it to the side of the setting you are reviewing. The New Documentation site is being populated with posts instead of pages, which should make it easier to search by tags, keywords or categories, without getting general blog posts and various other pages /posts in results.
If you have suggestions or need additional information on where to find something , such as “how to” settings, please post in the forums. Forums are free support and is the best place to start. We ask that you provide your Plugin Environment and (just as important) if the question is specific to your site, the direct url that links to your SLP or locator page. This saves us both time and allows the support team to quickly find your page and respond in kind.
The latest release v. 4.4.10 adds a function that was requested by one of our long standing Premier Members. The added feature allows an administrator to add the short code [[slplus disable_initial_directory=”1″]] on a separate page. Utilization of this shortcode provides the ability to “Disable Initial Directory” on a single page via the shortcode and still have the ability to “Show Locations At Startup”.
VERSIONS AND RELEASE NOTES