You will notice a new look in your admin panel of Store Locator Plus in Version 4.6.2 . Featuring a new sidebar on the admin pages for the settings tabs and the locations tab.
Important fixes: SLP version 4.6.2 fixes the “white screen” error on sites running the older version of WordPress 4.4 and/or Multi-site users running WordPress 4.6.
- Show admin help settings in a new sidebar to make it easier to see what each setting does.
- Show location details preview in right sidebar on manage locations page.
- Added links to direct documentation pages for various settings.
- Implement a new slp_get_text_string filter for add-ons to manage text strings.
- Additional hard-coded gettext strings accessible to the text manager.
- Don’t load the SLP overhead on the WordPress admin heartbeat since SLP doesn’t require “heartbeat” processing. Wouldn’t it be nice if all plugins did that?
- Multisite installs – upgrading SLP fixes “not an array” error that would cause white screen on upgrade for sites using WP 4.6+
- Fix stripslashes_from_strings_only() undefined function for sites running old WordPress (you really should update to WordPress 4.4+ for security reasons if nothing else).
- Recalculate initial distance for all locations on global center map at change.
Performance update: Drop adminUI create_InputElement() method. (Note : This may break pre-4.2 Legacy Add Ons, you must upgrade to the Legacy add-on latest version release. 4.3 or higher or downgrade SLP to earlier version)
- Experience will need to be updated to 4.6.2 when updating SLP to 4.6.2
Experience Add-on 4.6.2
<h2>Change Log for SLP Experience Add-on</h2>
Some of the new features and updates you will see in the core (base) plug in :
- Manage Locations now has fast delete on single location delete icon.
- Provides mechanism for add ons to serve per-admin-page specific JS.
- If there is a newer version of an active SLP add on it will be shown on the WP plugins page.
- Power Add On assignment of categories.
- Duplicates handling on location import.
- Smart/fast option saving for add on packs including Power Add On import options.
- Fix the admin form drop down menus.
- Eliminate the duplicate “are you sure you want to delete” dialogue boxes on bulk actions.
- Gravity Forms Locations and Gravity Forms Integration add ons must be upgraded to version 4.5 or higher.
Power Add-on Users reported some glitches with version 4.5.12 imports. The duplicate handling updates has been fixed. Note: In order for the Duplicate Handling Update location to function, either the sl_id or the Contacts field Identifier MUST be present and match what is stored in the location data field. To see the sl_id number you can hover over to the left of the location name under manage locations. Exporting the locations file to a csv file will also show the sl_id. This id is assigned automatically when a user adds a location in SLP for the first time and is not the one you assign as an identifier with contact extender. The specific contact identifier field can be used instead of the sl_id and takes precedence.
Store Locator Plus base plug-in was updated and published April 1, 2016.
The main change is within the zoom level adjustment for the map as noted in the developers blog this past week.
This update also added a new Documentation button , displayed as a globe in the top right hand corner of the pages in the Admin panel to link to the new Documentation site, and fixed some broken links under the help text. The help ? question mark is transparent until you hover over it to the side of the setting you are reviewing. The New Documentation site is being populated with posts instead of pages, which should make it easier to search by tags, keywords or categories, without getting general blog posts and various other pages /posts in results.
If you have suggestions or need additional information on where to find something , such as “how to” settings, please post in the forums. Forums are free support and is the best place to start. We ask that you provide your Plugin Environment and (just as important) if the question is specific to your site, the direct url that links to your SLP or locator page. This saves us both time and allows the support team to quickly find your page and respond in kind.
The latest release v. 4.4.10 adds a function that was requested by one of our long standing Premier Members. The added feature allows an administrator to add the short code [[slplus disable_initial_directory=”1″]] on a separate page. Utilization of this shortcode provides the ability to “Disable Initial Directory” on a single page via the shortcode and still have the ability to “Show Locations At Startup”.
Store Locator Plus 4.4.27
If you have the Experience add-on and had not already updated to 4.4.06 or 4.4.07 prior to SLP 4.4.27, you must do so FIRST
Highlights and Updates:
There were settings in the distance parameters that effected the radius results used for ranking settings and effected the radius behavior settings that is used for pagination (a Premier feature) as well as Additional results features in Experience add-on. The DOM structure for the info bubble has changed. As a result , the div# rule for the sl_ info bubble needs to be “non- generic”. The new div# rule needs to have the slp_id. This may require some updating and additional changes to fix some of the SLP plug-in styles. New plug-in styles have been added and older SLP plugin styles have been updated. As the SLP development team moves closer to the SaaS goal the intent is to simplify the amount of maintenance that is inherent when updating multiple add-ons and legacy SLP coding that is less efficient, less than optimum performance, and time consuming. Sites that have not been updated for years may have issues when “jumping” versions or not updating the add-ons to maintain compatibility with WP and base Plugins.
Always be sure to Check SLP and Add-on versions if you see issues on your site.
Janitor is a free add-on exclusively for use with the SLP base plugin and add-ons. The Janitor user interface has been retooled to work with the new Expereince and Power add-ons and to patch some bugs that prevented the resets for options_nojs. Janitor provides tools to reset, delete, and manage UI settings. It also provides a tool for deleting location data, cleaning up extended data and Store Pages. A bug was reported by a forum user that the reset tool for admin_locations_per_page was not saving. Since it had been set to show 5000 locations per page, the locations admin page would not load, preventing management of the locations. The default is 10 locations per page. Some systems can accommodate 100 locations per page but more will usually break the upload of this page.
Janitor Release details: through 4.4.03. Requires SLP 4.4.27
- Add Gravity Form Integration and Gravity Forms Locations settings.
- Simplify the admin interface to have tools and settings displayed
- Cleaned up the settings interface.
- Show SLP Installed Base version (such as 4.4.27) which is used to trigger the activation/update code.
- Resetting of individual options_nojs settings for base plugin (reported in the forum)
Pro Pack v 4.4.02
- Delete duplicate report table indexes.
- Fix the index creation SQL.
GFI is a Third Party Add-on by Debaat that interfaces with the Free Gravity Forms Location add-on within the Store Locator Plus Add-on suite. The GFI updates fixes the create pages integration and has been retooled to work with the SLP 4.4.xx version layout. Questions for DeBaat can be posted in the Third Party Add-ons Forum