Store Locator Plus version 4.6.4 fixed the zoom settings, the plug-in tabs “save changes” and the back-end UI.
The change in the back end user interface will not be noticeable to most users. The naming of sections and tabs and settings now will use programmatic slugs instead of the plain text names. This allows the settings translations in different languages to remain intact even if language files have not been updated. This means future updates to Store Locator Plus, Power, Experience, and Premier add-ons will no longer lose their settings tabs. Another behind the scenes development is populating the plug-in and add-ons with “smart options” settings. To learn more please watch the developer’s brief You Tube.
Change Log for Store Locator Plus
- Patch to update location ID lookups due to WordPress 4.8.2 security patch.
- Autoload patch
- Fix apostrophe in description on editor.
- Fix admin page detector. Fixes category icon/marker selector for Power Add On.
- Fix the admin pages related settings highlight.
- Clean up some of the admin locations interface elements. Use jQuery base dialogues from Theme Roller.
- Simplified object loader to reduce overhead.
- Minor performance improvement on admin page saves.
- Directory Builder no longer supported.
- Experience 4.8.3 or higher is required.
- Dropped slp_save_map_settings_inputs filter.
- A half-dozen old-school style map markers (pin_red, marker, icon_entertainment, bubble_person, box_teal_airport, box_gray_house, arrow) have been removed. They can be added to WP media manager or a newer style selected in its place.
- Make built-in Smart Options a little smarter when something is deactivated and a setting goes away.
- Fix manage locations hide columns and pagination for MySLP.
- Fix location edit/add on non-English sites.
- Add a nicer notification for missing home/end icons on the Settings interface.
- Remove obsolete legacy code to lighten the disk and memory impact.
- Fix Premier license validation on multisite.
- Enhanced Results is officially deprecated. Users must be using version 4.7 or earlier of SLP to continue using the legacy add on.
- Prevent add ons from consuming lots of memory and possibly crashing the site when they call the is_CheckTrue() method improperly.
- Manage Locations UX has been updated: uses WordPress-standard Screen Options to set number of locations to show on a page and show/hide columns.
- Adding a location via the Manage Locations form no longer requires the store name to be set.
- Uses minified JS for slp_core if available.
- Patch to fix the Power Add On CSV Import duplicate handler.
- Patch to deal with Power Add On hide_search_form shortcode issue.
- New Smart Option interface for add ons reduces redundant code.
- Tagalong is no longer compatible with SLP, upgrade to the Power Add On.
- Minor updates to the AJAX processor for extended add on features.
- Make sure the add on disabler catches early errors like the one that came up in Pro Pack legacy (no longer compatible).
- Auto-disable Pro Pack to prevent admin page crashes.
- Added Search Form Style for styling interactive jQuery locator elements.
- Improved notifications on Premier Subscription status for Premier members.
- Tested with WP 4.7.5
- The Power Add On must be upgraded to version 4.7.11 or higher.
- The Power Add On must be upgraded to version 4.7.10 or higher.
- The legacy Enhanced Map Add On is no longer supported. Upgrade to the Power Add On.
- Pro Pack is not longer supported, upgrade to the Power Add On.
- The "Experience" tab is now named "Settings" to better reflect its purpose.
- Use minified admin CSS when available.
- Fix CSS loading with some themes that are not co-mingling minified and non-minified CSS properly such as the Store Locator Plus theme we use on our SLP branded sites.
- Use WP Best Practices minimalist plugin loader approach to reduce overall WordPress plugin overhead.
- Fix problem in activation module when upgrading from older SLP modules that would break some sites on initial distance calculation.
- Improved add on update checking.
- Code simplification for less disk & memory storage.
- Improved code architecture takes advantage of PHP5 and PHP7 caching,especially Power Add On which can significantly improve performance.
- Much less data I/O during location search means slightly faster location searches that use less RAM on the server when running.
- Fix Map Center setting for users upgrading from SLP 4.7.3/4.7.4 where map center was stored incorrectly.
- Custom Map Markers and Icons now has a direct upload interface with media manager.
- Legacy Widgets Add On no longer supported, use Power Add On
Fix the rogue "add_on" for people that upgraded from an older version of SLP.
- A new plugin style gallery taps into our live style server for a wider selection of map styles.
- Power Add On styles from our style gallery is now shown alongside standard plugin styles.
- Add new [slp_option name="<option>" ifset="div"] layout controls for better UX building.
Address bug in valid lat/lng test which impacts numerous location validation and map center tasks. Impacts any longitude starting with zero as second digit after 1 such as -10.
- Legacy Enhanced Search Add On no longer supported, use Power Add On.
- Legacy Add Ons Enhanced Map, Enhanced Results, Pro Pack no longer reset to default SLP layout settings if left empty.
- Drop support for slp_render_map hook.
2017 URL and branding updates. The WordPress plugin site is now at Power Add On.
- Faster DB loading of options.
- Added support for cron hooks in smart options.
- Update admin CSS menus for narrow displays.
- Improved schedule jobs processing and messaging for Power Add On and Power Add On add ons.
- Allow enqueue of minified admin.css files.
- Revised lat/long field type and created index for improved performance.
- Dismissible notification events.
- Faster Map Rendering.
- Add support for results interaction with add on packs.
- Gracefully capture invalid REST API requests for smart options that do not exist.
- Highlight related settings when hovering over a setting.
- Update to plugin style manager to stop dropping/duplicating style files.