Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Possible Bug with editing locations

Tagged: 

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    karl1
    Participant

I had one of my customers complain about not being able to edit locations in the backend. When they clicked the edit pen the only thing that happens is that the window.location gets a # in the end.

I did some digging and found out that when the pen is clicked the SLP_Location_Editor function rolls off and starts with var add_edit_div = jQuery( ‘#wpcsl-option-add’ );

This probably works in most cases but in my localization (swedish) the correct selector is #wpcsl-option-lägg_till, so when my customers click the edit button the div neither shows or gets its fields populated. Obviously I fixed it and will keep doing it if necessary but it would be nice if future updates would deal with this.

This is on a debian server with php 5.6.30, latest slp, latest wp and no add-ons.

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

When it comes to the languages, all our updates to the SLP languages goes through the WP Translate project.  We cannot write the code for every language that uses SLP unfortunately, that is beyond our capabilities. So we need the users to help with that. We have worked with  WPML over the years…but something basic goes through the Translation Team

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/tag/translate-wp/

karl1
    Participant

Yeah I get that, one solution would be to not translate the id of the element so that it’s #wpcsl-option-add in all languages or give it another identifier as well to extract the language-specific one with. I’ll look into signing up for the translation team but it seems like the problem here is probably that too much was translated in this case imho.

Anyhow, great plugin and I hope I don’t sound all negative!

Cici
    Keymaster

No Problem. Thanks for the info.

vissersj
    Participant

Hi Karl,

I think I have the same issue (Dutch), but could you provide us with the fix? I can’t find ‘#wpcsl-option-add in the Po file..

I will appreciate you help!

Sjors

karl1
    Participant

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; text-size-adjust: auto;”>I didn’t find it in the po file but in the ~/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/js/admin-locations-tab.js on line 357.</span>

var add_edit_div = jQuery( ‘#wpcsl-option-add-in-dutch’ );

Hope it helps!

Cici
    Keymaster

Lance has looked into it and I think he communicated with one of you, not sure, but he believes he has fixed it with SLP 4.8.3.

His answer to the bug

“The issue is related to the translation strings and how SLP is creating the HTML element structure. It is using translated names for div IDs which is breaking the new JavaScript-based editor. It will require a patch to resolve this in SLP.  Not sure how long this bug has been in the code, but it never had an impact until we started modernizing the interface to newer JavaScript and HTML 5 standards. ”

COuld  you guys update to 4.8.3 and see if that fixed your issue?

suzanne_ritter
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having this same problem – English (UK) – after updating to version 4.8.7 (WordPress version 4.8.2).

Any advice on what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Suzanne

Cici
    Keymaster

Suzanne, We need the url to see what may be happening on your site. Also what versions of PhP etc. Are your themes using current methodology, have you updated other plug-ins?

Cici
    Keymaster

@Suzanne how were you using the Location form in the back end, the original poster said they couldnt edit it, but he also had add-ons. What add-on if any to SLP are you using. I tsted SLP v 4.8.7 with multiple edits and no Problems occurred.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Cici.
    suzanne_ritter
    Participant

@Cici, thanks for the response. To answer your queries:

Here’s the URL: https://sienna-x.co.uk/help-support/therapist-locator/ – everything’s okay on the frontend, we’re just unable to edit any of the listings – so when we go to click on the little notepad icon nothing happens, it just adds the # on the end of the URL (https://sienna-x.co.uk/wp-admin/admin.php?page=slp_manage_locations#).

We don’t have any add-ons and we haven’t updated any other plugins. We’re currently using PHP 7.0 and the compatability checker has confirmed it’s okay with Store Location Plus.

suzanne_ritter
    Participant

* interesting update: we’ve discovered we can edit the listings in Internet Edge but not in Google Chrome

Cici
    Keymaster

I am using Chrome and not having any issues editing my locations. That is strange. I spoke to the developer and he said
    “You can no longer use the back button in the browser and re-edit something, among other changes. This is part of the security patch I had to put in to satisfy WordPress”

Try clearing your cache.

suzanne_ritter
    Participant

Very strange!

The other issue I’ve noticed is that old notes can’t be removed or edited, e.g. in the attached screenshot you can see the text “mobile” under website, email, directions in the first listing – but this doesn’t appear in any of the editing fields.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi suzanne,
    screenshots of the page do not provide me enough information. Can you turn on debugging and send the debug log to support to look at?

When updating via imports, if you have an existing location it would have been assigned an sl_id, the sl-id header column would need to be included with the correct location id to edit via imports. Assuming you do not want to edit each item manually. See the CSV and duplicates handling section.
    https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/csv-import-duplicates-handling/

Cici
    Keymaster

Oops sorry, you said you do not have any Add-ons? I was thinking of a different customer when I answered you.

So the first suggestion, using the debugging tool and sending a log.

The debugging info is here
    https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/debugging-with-debug-log/

suzanne_ritter
    Participant

It looks like some sort of tag text – but there’s no option to edit it.

Cici
    Keymaster

Could it be something in your theme? I cant see what is going on in your site and cannot recreate the issue on my site. If you send a support ticket via the support form with all the details about versions of plugins etc the developer might be able to help you. If he needs to log in to see your back end that is under a paid support in the form
    https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/product/product-support/

vissersj
    Participant

This issue is still not solved and a work around to access the Add Location screen is to delete the po file in question, in my case store-locator-le-nl_NL.po . Unfortunately everything is in English now. Please solve this issue quickly!

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not understand your question. Are you referring to translations about adding po file, that was the first person who was referring to the WPSLP ADD-ON…The base plugin is translated by WP translation team…You have not provided enough information.   Could you follow the posting guidelines and provide the version info, plugin environment, site url where you are having issues , specifics etc.

Glomming on other peoples posts when your configuration is different, could even be different language files…unless you are both dealing with same company and same website, is not useful in a forum environment.  For instance, WP just released another auto update, the person who started the  post was using different WP version and perhaps different SLP version. One was talking about add-ons and Swedish another talking about no add-ons but Dutch and different browser issues.

Cici
    Keymaster

@visserj. please start a new post with Your plugin environment , please follow the Looking for support Read this guidelines

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.