• This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Cici.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

Hi, When I set the zoom level, to say 4, the empty map loads at that zoom level, but as soon as my pins load, the map then zoom out. Editing radius doesn’t prevent this, not does the zoom offset. How do I fix this?  I just purchased the Enhanced Search and need a solution. (Also need a way to show/hide the list of results below the map).

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide your Plugin Environment (see posting guidelines) if you need specific help that you cannot find in the forums or documentation.

Results functionality and other information can be found in the Documentation. There are also Tutorials and easy to follow guides in the SLP videos or on the SLP youtube channel

You can also use the Demos site to see how additional features interface with each other.

Mark
    Participant

Apologies for not getting the environment. Plugins are all updated.  environment attached.

http://www.wecanfixthat.com/florida-leather-repair/

http://www.wecanfixthat.com/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

The zoom controls are under the Enhanced Map (Legacy) or Experience add-on

do not scroll and auto zoom settings

As far as results, you just dont want to show them at start or you want to disable initial directory ?

If  the latter that  functionality is part of the Experience or enhanced results, please view Enhanced results or Experience features

You get the maximum control over the map, search, and results with the Experience Add-on. 

if you plan purchase the Enhanced Map (legacy) and /or Enhanced Results (Legacy) keep in mind that they will not be maintained other than bug fixes , there will be no additional features other than what is currently included  and eventually  they may not work with a newer SLP 4.5  base Plugin.  (not yet released) They will continue to work with the current versions of SLP 4.4

Mark
    Participant

HI Cici, Thanks for getting back to me. I want the pins to show up when the map loads, but I need it to load in one zoom level closer and it won’t. I paid for enhanced, which includes the zoom features, but it isn’t working. Also, you mention that Enhanced has a setting for “Do NOT Auto Zoom”, but it doesn’t exist in my settings.  Any way to fix that?

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Do not auto zoom is part of Enhanced Map not search as mentioned above. All the additional zoom functions are MAP not search oriented. Please see my post above and click on the links I proivded.
    Thx

Cici
    Keymaster

Mark, Your Plugin environment is showing you purchased Enhanced Search

That is not the same plugin. The only thing in common is the first part of the name Enhanced…
    there are three add-ons that begin with the Word Enhanced and they all have different functions.

If you want all the “Enhanced” Add-ons you should purchase the Experience Add-on. (Link was also provided in my response,please click on the links and read the information provided. The Experience add-on has the additiomnal features, is first to have bug fixes if any exist and has better performance. All if the other Enhanced add-ons are Legacy…which means eventually they will not be offered separately and will not have additional features added.

Mark
    Participant

Cici, I don’t really want or need all the other features in the experience add-on. And $275 is pretty steep for one feature of a free plugin.  I do see on the purchase page that my Enhanced Search purchase qualifies me for a discount for the Experience Add-on. Can you tell me how much discount it qualifies me for?

Cici
    Keymaster

If in past 60 days , the same amount as you paid for the Legacy item. (either $50 or $60 depending when you bought it)
    The EXP add-on Pack is $250 currently, the $25 is the renewal fee. You would pay the renewal fee of $25 when it needs to be renewed in a year.

Request your discount coupon to contact support using the contact form. A coupon code will be sent to you via email.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S> You can still purchase the legacy version of Enhanced Map, but as mentioned they will eventually be phased out and not supported once the SLP version is transitioned to 4.5 or higher. Possible at the end of this year , the target date. You may find some other features in the Experience Add-on that you hadn’t thought about that could improve the load time, efficiency, or appearance of the locator page. It is totally up to you.

Thanks

Mark
    Participant

What I’d really like is the zoom feature that I have to actually work. The problem is that when I set it and increase the zoom adjustment level by one (that’s all I need) the Zoom level actually increases by 2x!! and then it’s too close.

Cici
    Keymaster

Mark,

I have not heard that from others for quite a while (since the zoom levels were fixed back last fall with 4.3.14) . If you need the “do not auto zoom function or the scroll zoom  function” that is in the MAP add on or EXP add-on.  I thought that was what was creating you issues.  Since it works as it is supposed to  on my site , I cant offer you any   further suggestions.  Perhaps if you update to 4.4.35 you will find it works better.

Documentation on Map panel settings

Cici
    Keymaster

I noticed that you have drop down search to search by both zip code and city. What is your radius behavior set at?  If you are using discrete search you should probably pick one or the other…

see the current documentation site  on Radius behavior that will effect your user experience. If you want the option to search by address OR by city on the same form, then “Use radius only when address is entered”

additional information can also be found on the new docs site (in progress)

Search functions

Piani
    Participant

Hi

I seen this behaviour when you use conflicting settings. As Cici says you need to check your radius settings first and also this is affected how Google maps works eg. its outside SLP functions.

A trick you can test is to center the map to a coordinate in the middle of your locations (somewhere in Kansas?) use latitude and longitude settings instead of the default country (google map setting). Try some different to get it as you want. Then play with the Zoom level settings just below (Zoomlevel + Zoom adjustment)

With this you can get it as you described. But if you also use display locations and radius at the same time this can conflict how Google will display it. So try a closer zoom first and walk out in steps til you find a nice look. Turn of some settings that can force Google in another direction than what you want.

You can use 2 diffrent browsers to make the testing faster. One for settings and one for display and use refresh view so you see your changes direct.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Cici
    Keymaster

The Zoom part of this forum post was continued on a separate post. There were two questions here. The hide results is a different feature which is also why I had suggested EXP add-on. Hide /show

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Zoom not working’ is closed to new replies.