Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Change Initial Label in State Dropdown

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Cici.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jill
    Participant

Hi Again,

Just wondering if it is possible to change the initial drop down value for the SLP Cities widget. By default it says “All States…” and I would like it to say “Select a Province/State” as most of our locations are based in Canadian Provinces.

I couldn’t find anywhere within the widget to change this value. I did try changing the ‘first_entry_for_state_selector’ in the class.slp-experience.php file but it doesn’t seem to take the change.

Could you please let me know how I would go about making this edit. Thank you!

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

Ahh yes there is…just need to look in another place: You need to change it under EXP/SEARCH/LABELS as well as the Widgets Title Label:

See my screen shots attached:

Hopefully when the new documentation site is totally up and running it will be easier. Lance is also changing the back end of the Admin UI on the plugin to have links with tags and categories that should make search easier and more intuitive. Thanks for your patience.

P.S.  I spoke to him about the custom request also,  he said he might be able to squeeze you in during some down time in this next month (he occasionally has time if he has to wait for a customer to get back to him with additional info or testing etc).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jill
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thank you for the information. It worked like a charm.

We will hold off on the customization for now and find an alternative solution as there are currently only 2 locations in the US. As the region grows we will reconsider.

Thank you again for your support.

Cici
    Keymaster

Awesome, glad I could help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.