Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus BUG?! Assigned categories vanish when locations are updated!

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Cici
    Keymaster

I have updated my Add-ons and Plugin to 4.7.9 and am not having ANY issues. I truly am mystified as to what is different on your site.

Wolfram I just looked at your site and you are using 4.7.8 not 4.7.9, Is that because you used a back up to restore to an earlier version (you do backup before updating right?) See versions

You need to follow the Troubleshooting guide on the Docs site:

You are getting this warning in your console concerning the Google MAP API key. And some other errors about the deprecation (css) in your theme.

util.js:215 Google Maps API warning: InvalidKey https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#invalid-key

Cici
    Keymaster

Wolfram, An issue with WP 4.7.4 a bug was found , something to do with taxonomies so thjey are coming out with 4.7.5

Lance looked further into categories with a Premier member and he found an issue in POWER 4.7.9.  Not sure when it was introduced , it could have been back with power 4.7.6 but he now has a pre release 4.7.10 of Power that is in testing. If you have a dev or staging site and wish to test 4.7.10 Power and provide feedback it would be much appreciated.  Our premier member raputin has tested it and he said it now works correctly. Lance is finished his testing suite and will release Power version 4.7.10 in the next day or two if you want to wait.

Thanks for your persistence and I hope this fixes any issues going further.

Wolfram
    Participant

Hi Cici, great news and thanks for coming back to us!!! 🙂

Yes, we do have a testing / development site where we can test it – where can we get a 4.7.10 Power pre-version? But if you say it is going to be released anyways in 1-2 days we also can wait (y) ……very curious how it turns out!!

Cici
    Keymaster

Thats Ok I do not need the Janitor info. Just letting you know that there was a bug found and somehow the categories test suite managed to slip through the cracks which is why we couldn’t find the bug.  The Developer, Lance has now found the bug with Power.  If you have a dev site I would try the POWER 4.7.10 beta release.  If not I would wait until he puts it in Production.

Wolfram
    Participant

Hi Cici, any info yet when 4.7.10 (Experience) and 4.7.11 (Power) will be available? My plugin directory says it’s still in production and before that I can’t update base plugin to 4.7.11 since old Power won’t work with it 🙂

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Wofram

Production means it is released and is the version you should be using.  Update Power to 4.7.11 and SLP to 4.7.11

Cici
    Keymaster

Updates to SLP version 4.8, Experience 4.8 and power 4.8.  Please update. Make sure that you have backed up your site before updating any live site

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/news/backup-your-wordpress-site/

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.