Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Zoom Issue with Map Before/After Search

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

I was wondering why the Experience->Map->Center Map At setting does not seem to center the map on the location I entered:

969 Street Road, Southampton, PA 18966
    Center Latitude Fallback: 40.1706074
    Center Longitude Fallback: -75.0368451

It instead seems to pick up locations around the address above, but also some in the Dakotas and Midwest, despite me having the starting search radius default to 50 miles from the location above (see pre-search.png).

http://www.hanksbeverages.net/locations/

I have tried playing around with the Zoom Level and Zoom Adjustment, but these seem to not do much. Are the changes that Google made recently to the Map API responsible for this? Ideally, I would want my map to show the Mid East Coast region, then Zoom in once the user searches (see what-i-would-like.png attachment).

Store Locator Plus:4.7
    Experience:4.6.5
    Extended Data Manager:4.5.01
    Power:4.6.6
    Premier:4.7

Site URL:http://www.hanksbeverages.net
    This Info Cached:1484694285
    Network Active:No

WordPress Version:4.4.6
    PHP Version:5.4.20
    MySQL Version:5.5.52

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:90M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:48 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:16M

Melissa
    Participant

Sorry, attachments resubmitted.

Cici
    Keymaster

Please update to the latest versions of the add-ons and SLP and Premier.

Once you have updated please check back with us.

Melissa
    Participant

I updated. Experience crashed the site with version 4.7.1. I am getting this in the error logs:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function create_smart_options() on a non-object in /home/hanksdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/slp-experience/include/module/options/SLPExperience_Options.php on line 49

There is no /wp-content/plugins/slp-experience/include/module/ directory in the plugin download. Any ideas? I rolled it back to 4.6.5.

Cici
    Keymaster

Update Store Locator Plus to 4.7.2.  And then delete and update Experience to 4.7.1

Cici
    Keymaster

If you updated from legacy add-ons previously from your SLP, the initial distance methodology has changed so if youve changed your center map at it is remembering old settings..

Take these steps

Try changing your center map at to a new address (any random address in PA).

2) Go to Locations / Manage and check that the Initial Distance column seems somewhat sane (10 miles not 600 miles). If NOT , please let us know. Especially if you have the latest version of SLP 4.7.2 and all your legacy add ons deactivated and deleted and new add-ons are updated.

3) Fix your center map address to what you really want.

4) If you want to be sure it works, re-investigate the Locations / Manage and see that initial distance is still sane.

5) Check your map.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.