Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Unable to reply to my previous post EXP results showing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    redwolfgirl66
    Participant

For some reason, I can reply to this topic https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/forums/topic/show-locations-when-unchecked-search-not-working/
    I am logged in.

I have both show locations and disable initial directory checked and still, the locations are showing on the search page. http://04v.c9e.myftpupload.com/operator-search/

Yes the test of 80013 is pulling up the correct page Aurora North, but we don’t want the locations to show on the initial search. And yes, I have experience plugin activated.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Cici.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Drat, I just got logged out too when trying to answer you. BB Press, I didn’t close the other subject. I cant reproduce your issue but here are a couple of suggestions.

1) Change your theme to a default WP theme.

2) try a different gallery style or add css to duplicate what you had before
    https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/selecting-and-customizing-your-style/

Lance did find a different bug, so try this too…according to the developer:
    “there is a bug in the experience JavaScript that makes it do weird stuff if the email style is set to something OTHER THAN popup email form.
    Patch coming in EXP 4.9.19.”

It will be another week or so before that update is released , he is travelling this week and will have limited connectivity.

redwolfgirl66
    Participant

Hi there, I tried both of your suggestions above and neither fixed the problem I am having.
    Can you please advise where I can find the setting for email style? Once I find that I can make sure its set to Popup email form.

We are wanting this search page to not display the locations until the zip code is entered.
    Please advice on what I can do to make this happen. When we just paid the Premier Subscription fee of 225 we assumed there would be some support to help get this set up correctly on our site.

Please let me know if I can provide you with the login to the site to help assist us further.

Cici
    Keymaster

Premier does not include LOG IN admin Support to set up your WordPress site. Most people buy Premier to get the additional features included. You may ask for an invite to Slack where the developer can walk you through some issues when he is available, but the channel is for developer to developer (technical) discussions. People who are not WP technical could opt to hire the Cybersprocket team (if the schedule permits)

Unfortunately, your site was neglected and not updated so it is very difficult to ascertain all the changes that occurred with plug-ins as well as WordPress updates and your themes as well as other plugins that may or may not have been updated on a regular basis.

The email format is a check box. Go to Settings/Results/ about half way down you should see email format with a drop down label.

As mentioned the EXP javascript issue will be corrected with the publication of 4.9.19 but the developer is out of the country at the moment.

redwolfgirl66
    Participant

Hi Cici,
    I am just asking for plugin support here, not customization. The plugin is completely up to date as are all of the plugins and themes.

The issue is that your plugin is not performing as it should. No locations should load on the initial search page. As instructed I have checked the appropriate settings so that the locations should not load initially. Yet they still load. Please advise as how to get it so they dont show until they type in the zip code.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Cici
    Keymaster

When the developer gets back he can delve in to your situation. I have reported this to him. I wish I could help you now, but I cannot publish a fix if there is a bug. It works on my site so I do not know what may be interacting with settings on your site which is why I mentioned running the debugger I believe I gave you a lin to the page explaining what to do to debug) If you do that you can send the debug log. I am not a coder and do not have a test suite to run on your site.

Cici
    Keymaster

Here is the link, Debuugin with WP

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/debugging-with-debug-log/

Di you test it with a regular WP theme? We need your plugin environment and the theme and url, I have lost track of where you are at etc.
    A screenshot of your SLP plugin environment (found under info) would be helpful

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/store-locator-plus-info-plug-environment/

redwolfgirl66
    Participant

Thank you. I will send you the debug log. I will look for the link you said you shared.
    Can you share your site link where it is working on your site?

Cici
    Keymaster

https://test.storelocatorplus.com/

Click on link TEST SLP now

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Cici.
    redwolfgirl66
    Participant

Hi Cici,
    I have activated a default theme, disabled all other plugins, and changed the email format to be popup format. I have both Show Locations checked and Disable Initial Directory Checked.
    In the number to show Initially If I set that to 0, then the page will show No Locations Found before even typing anything in the zip code.

Here is the Plugin Envornment

Store Locator Plus™:4.9.18

Experience:4.9.17

Power:4.9.17
    +Pages

Premier:4.9.17

Site URL:http://04v.c9e.myftpupload.com

This Info Cached:1533751067

Network Active:No

WordPress Version:4.9.8

PHP Version:5.6.30

MySQL Version:5.6.32

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:12 MB

PHP Post Max Size:65M

redwolfgirl66
    Participant

Here is the link again for the page that the search is on

http://04v.c9e.myftpupload.com/operator-search/

Also, I am the site developer and have not neglected updates. Just the SLP plugin update as the new updated plugin was going to cost my client 500. and I have never had to pay that much for a plugin EVER.

redwolfgirl66
    Participant

So the test link you sent me is still showing the map, and a radius for the search.

Ours is set up to search based on tag (we have assigned zip codes to the location pages), not geolocate the closest location to the zip code.

It’s currently working correctly on our live site, with the old SLP legacy plugins installed.

Cici
    Keymaster

I did not realize you were using the search by tags feature. That is not part of the experience add-on but the power add-on.  So it is possible that it is a different setting that may have been “lost” if you updated Power Manually.  Using Janitor  (free download), you can check for the settings and see if those settings are the same (using janitor) on the new site.  Do not use Janitor on your live site to reset anything.

Search by tags

I guess I am confused, looking at the site, what are the “tags” that you are using to search by? I do not see tags in a drop down box or a suggestion.   I see in the developers console that you have “TAG TO SEARCH FOR ID ZIP CODE…”? I am at a loss as to how you are using the tag search.   Is that a work around to not have Google query involved?

Then I see in your results container element <div id=”tagalong_legend”><div id=”tagalong_list”>No categories</div></div>

Is there a reason why you are using tagalong legend?  what plugin style are you using?

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. Checked your old legacy site and posted a reply in your other post.

When you see a warning from Google sayong “sensor nt required” that is being generated a s a result of another plugin or your them that is also trying to access google MAPS. SLP has not had that warning since the author took it over years ago and never with anything that was version 4..

Your WordPress Theme or another plugin is loading Google Maps. It will fight with the Store Locator Plus maps. You can go the general tab and turn on the built-in SLP Google Maps but we cannot guarantee that your WP Theme or other plugin is loading the latest version of Google Maps or using best practices when loading the maps technology and it may not work properly with SLP. There are so many variations and things that you are trying to do with this one plugin that is now conflicting with the way the new google APIs work. The public site for one has no Google API. we cannot guarantee anything when Goolge turns off the ability to continue to use their maps without an API key.

Looking at your test site, does not appear you are using the State SLP Widget functionality, tjose pages are showing shortcodes and CSS templates on them under Arizona, nevada etc.)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to reply to my previous post EXP results showing’ is closed to new replies.