Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Trying to change to Location Boundary

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    npetri
    Participant

So in the Boundaries Influence Guess area I am trying to change it to be location based and when I save I get the following error.

[27-Aug-2018 21:12:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method SLPlus::find_minmax_latlng() in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/slp-premier/include/module/options/SLP_Premier_Options.php on line 75

Cici
    Keymaster

Did you update your add-ons lately?

Please provide your Versions and Plugin environment. It is difficult to assist without seeing which versions you are on (see posting guideline

Those type of messages usually indicate you updated manually and there was a glitch, perhaps you did not deactivae and delete if you manually updated?

See the authors post here about updates and how to update correctly.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I have reported this as a bug to the developer.  He will need to fix it and Update a new version of EXP and maybe Premier.  ETA to have this fixed might be next week  because of backlog with the holiday etc.

In the future if you could provide us with the versions you are using, i.e. your Plugin environment that will help us determine if it is a recent update.

Thanks for reporting this.

npetri
    Participant

So I updated to the latest version all around:
    Store Locator Plus™:4.9.19
    Experience:4.9.17
    Power:4.9.20
    Premier:4.9.17
    This Info Cached:1536090820
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.9.8
    PHP Version:5.6.37
    MySQL Version:5.6.40
    PHP Limit:512M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:512M
    PHP Peak RAM:21 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:96M

And now all locations have disappeared from the front side of the website.  I tried removing and re-importing all locations from an exported csv file that has worked in the past.  Seeing no results no matter what I change in the report/map area.

npetri
    Participant

Ok, So I believe I got it showing results back. I am trying to figure out how to limit the results based on country, or set an entire country to show a specific result. I have tried entering in lat long boundries to try to see if that would work but I just can’t seem to figure it out. Any documentation on how to accomplish this? Also still getting a 500 error when i try to save Boundaries Influence Guess to Location.

Cici
    Keymaster

Do Not use Boundaries Influence guesses, as mentioned it is a bug and it hasn’t been fixed as yet.  I will let you know, or we will email you when it is fixed.   if you cannot reset it, use SLP janitor and find the boundaries option under the premier portion and reset. I just had to do that on my test site after testing out your issue.

There is another option, it is Country Influences Guess

When checked use the selected Map Domain to influence how Google guesses what the user meant when entering a search address.  I use this for instance on a test page for Around Australia, on that page I have the shortcode as [SLPLUS  center_map_at=”Brisbane” append_to_search=”Australia” initial_radius=”1000″].   But I have my Map domain and center map at in the back end as US.  If I did not add the shortcode it would always load the US center at map first instead of the Australia Map since my backend is set to use the US Map domain

As far as setting country. there are a few different ways. You can use the Append feature or a shortcode to redirect to the country page. (see docs for various shortcodes) 

You can have a map page with results that only shows x country,,,for instance `

[SLPLUS map_region=”cr” center_map_at=”San Jose,Costa Rica”  initial_radius=”1000″ append_to_search=”Costa Rica”]`

I am not sure I fully understand how you are building the site but you can do it a variety of ways depending on the results you are trying to achieve. You can add the Search by Country widget , it will redirect the map.  Or have a discrete search in a dropdown

Or have a Countries directory 

You can add a shortcode  to list international directory

npetri
    Participant

Well let me try to explain this a little. I have a location of a store in Italy. It is in the top left hand side of the country. If someone enters in Rome as their city there is a closer store that is in a different country. I want to try to limit the results to a state or country instead of a radius search which is why I am needing the boundary’s. So I guess I am going to have to wait until you are able to get the boundary’s working?

Cici
    Keymaster

Then You would want to use the ignore radius,  and /or use the drop down or discrete search. 

Or you may want to  use the Country influence guess

If you are using location sensor then turn that off.  Or if you always want that store to show up, set it as featured, or you could rank it higher then the other location There are a few options of how to go about it for your specific situation.

The way you are describing  how you want the search and results to appear is not how the location boundaries work, the location boundary :binds” the search to only your locations  in the SLP data base but you still need to select the proper settings under the search, results.

As far as when the location boundary is fixed, apologize but we had been evacuated due to hurricane and the developer is behind his schedule as a result

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.