Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Transfer SLP license to another account

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dean
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to transfer the SLP license to another account? Our client who has SLP in their website will be moving to another support provider and is requesting for the transfer of the license to her account.

Cici
    Keymaster

SLP is a free WordPress plugin that is downloaded for free from the WPSLP directory.  I do not understand what “license” your person is asking about.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/store-locator-le/

Cici
    Keymaster

I see an old add-on you bought almost 3 years ago. It wont work with the newer SLP versions as of version 4.8.  so I am not sure if that is what you are asking about. You can give them access to your  SLP account  if you want but it probably wont help them going forward if they are looking to use the import feature. It would be best for them to start with a clean install of whichever add-ons they need under their own name.

Dean
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

It wont work with the newer SLP versions as of version 4.8.

So what happens to our old license that we bought. Does it get upgraded?  I’m really not sure what this change means?

Cici
    Keymaster

SLP does not auto update. If you do not update  SLP beyond version 4.7  nor updated WP beyond version 4.8 then  Pro Pack should still work.   ProPack will not work with SLP version 4.8.  I am not sure how else to answer the question.

The documentation in Troubleshooting here, and developers news blogs explains it better perhaps.

The phase out of support for the legacy add-ons was announced over a 2 year period.

There are no more updates to ProPack available , ProPack is no longer maintained nor being worked on by the developer,  we do not offer free “Upgrades” to Power add-on , they are not the same product.  If a customer had made a recent purchase of a legacy add-on that is replaced by Power we would take that into consideration. ProPack has not been sold for quite some time so at this date there are no discounts being offered to purchase the new power add-on.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Cici.
    Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. We have not used keys for licenses for quite some time but in any case they are not transferable.  one business site/one domain with the exception of the Premier plans.   See the EULA. The one product that does require an authentication  key is the Premier subscription.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.