Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus This page can't load Google Maps correctly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jesse1
    Participant

G’day!

I have had this plugin working fine in the past. I return after holidays and it is displaying no locations and and error stating “This page can’t load Google Maps correctly”. Where the locations normally appear it is saying – “No Locations Found”.

Screenshot attached.

I initially thought, being 2019 now that maybe the API key expired or something along those lines? Maybe the plugin updated automatically and is now not compatible?

I looked into the API key, made a new one and added the URL to that API key. I added it int API Browser Key?

Any ideas why I am getting this issue and how do I fix?

Wordpress: Version 5.0.2
    Store Locator for WordPress 1.9.7
    Store Locator Plus® 5.0.1

Thanks In advance

http://www.bigbargaintas.com.au/store-finder/

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by jesse1.
    jesse1
    Participant

Plugin environment attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

WordPress: Version 5.0.2
    Store Locator for WordPress 1.9.7
    Store Locator Plus® 5.0.1

>?? How are you using two different locators?  They both would require a Google MAPS API and they would be in conflict with each other.’

If you look at that site using any browser  “Inspect” tools you will see under console, errors in Bold red

You have included the Google Maps JavaScript API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

You have included the Google Maps JavaScript API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

yh @ js?v=3.exp&key&ver=1:121

yh @ js?v=3.exp&key&ver=1:121

jesse1
    Participant

I see – I have completely removed the second store locator plugin and it still states it is appearing multiple times on the page. Im not sure what to do?

I did not notice I dont have a Google Geocoding Key – does this matter?

I have limited knowledge on this so any help would be great.
    It seems like the database isn’t linked. WordPress did update to 5.0.3, could it be that?

Cici
    Keymaster

No it isn’t anything to do with  updates to WP, it has to do with Google and the API keys you need and setting them up correctly. I do not know if it is other plugins or themes that also require a key but you still have multiple warning and errors on your site referencing the API keys.

See instructions

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/wordpress-store-locator-plus-google-api-key/

jesse1
    Participant

I have tried disabling all plugins, deleting other variations of the Store Locator Plus plugin, creating new API’s and testing, but it is still showing the error.

It states: This page can’t load Google Maps correctly.

Also in the console it shows: You have included the Google Maps JavaScript API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

You have exceeded your request quota for this API.

One thing Im unsure about is the Google Geocoding Key, where do I get this and does it need to be entered?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by jesse1.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Refer to the latest developers info on the news page for this, he also has included a tutorial video.

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/api-keys-with-referer-restrictions-cannot-be-used/

You do not need the geocoding key as a separate API key, if you are not restricting.

In addition you have many other errors  all about those keys.   you should not be adding the “url ” in the browser key field in SLP but the actual key . I am not sure I follow you on that one.

Your theme may also be using or trying to load API, you can try a plain vanilla WordPress theme.  If you need overall help with your WordPress environment and need the developer to assist you one on one , there is a retainer plan through cybersprocket.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.