Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Suddenly SLP not working

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rapidrelease
    Participant

No changes have been made. I created a user to let a teammate edit locations and now when clicking Store Locator Plus in the dashboard, the page never loads, and finally says “Service Unavailable.” It literally spontaneously started happening. http://www.RapidReleaseTech.com. It doesnt work from any user, even the original admin. It worked yesterday, and like i said, no changes have been made. Now it just put up this error page:

Cici
    Keymaster

As shown in your screen shot it appears you have an issue with WP user name , perhaps you updated WP recently?  By the way, we request screenshots and information that can help us help you faster, see Posting guidelines, we need Plugin environment, which shows versions, WP version,  etc . Are you using WP multi site? NAM ?

Cici
    Keymaster

The developer is checking out the server as well. The production versions are showing up as the old versions and not the new versions. Not sure if its related to your issue

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

That screen shot indicates your MySQL server is overloaded, your network is misconfigured, or your router is compromised/overloaded.

Cici
    Keymaster

The developer has checked and your issue is from your  configuration, not the SLP server. Please have your tech support or IT team look into your network configuration

rapidrelease
    Participant

My P3 plugin is saying SLP is taking up 75% of the speed on the site. Look at this chart. This is crazy! Please advise. I can’t cut any plugins out of my repertoire and my marketing efforts rely on SLP a lot.

rapidrelease
    Participant

Can you please figure out why your plugin is taking up such a massive amount of space?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

What do you mean “massive amount of space”?    The graphic you are showing has nothing to do with space.

If you are talking about the PHP run time that depends a LOT on how you have the plugin configured, how many locations you have, and many other factors.

Is that screen shot from an admin page load?   From the user experience?  If admin page, which tab?   Manage locations?  What is the number of locations you are displaying on the manage locations tab?  If you have 10,000 locations and want to display all 10,000 records, 1.47 seconds of runtime for that much data I/O is excellent performance.

You need to put this in context.

If you are using this tool to figure out why SLP “suddenly stopped working”, define “suddenly stopped working”.    Also – what changed.  Did you update WordPress?  Update any themes? Plugins?  You don’t happen to have auto-update enabled on your site either directly, via JetPack, or the WordPress.com dashboard do you?

The more accurate you can be in your description of the problem and your environment the better we can help.    A screen shot of a graph with no context doesn’t provide much to go on.

rapidrelease
    Participant

There were absolutely no changes, updates, upgrades, or anything. Suddenly, we can’t get into the backend of the plugin. Thats the only plugin we can’t access. It works on the front end, but I can’t manage the settings. We have 1700 locations. I can’t even get in the backend to change anything. To define suddenly stopped working: “I was in the settings tab of SLP two days ago, then the next day, I couldn’t access it.” It just freezes up. I did a test to see which plugins are slowing the site down, and SLP is bogging it down, as displayed in the graph.  No auto-updates, nothing. Nobody was on the backend. Then suddenly, I can’t access SLP.  I don’t know what else to tell you.  Im sorry i am not speaking your language but your plugin is not allowing me access to settings. Every other plugin is working just fine.

After writing this I can get into the backend of everything except locations. This is what I need to edit.

rapidrelease
    Participant

Maybe locations is set to display 10,000 locations. Even though i only have 1700. But I cant access that page to see. Please help.

rapidrelease
    Participant

BTW i have owned SLP for three years now and just had to pay $700 for the full package so I would appreciate if we could figure this out.

Cici
    Keymaster

There is a reset button under General that will reset the locations manager page to display 10 locations, this was previously a setting under the Janitor add-on. You  should be able to do it either way.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/general-settings/

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. You mentioned you gave User access, perhaps they inadvertently  set the display locations to a crazy number that your server or configuration could not handle.  Once you reset it, you may want to provide instructions about using the plugin since you have experience in using it.

we have had large companies using SLP and they have the resources available and dedicated servers, and needed to have  the ability to display many locations per page in the back end user interface.    I believe between Lance and I we have been very responsive in the forum answering your questions.  (occasionally we do eat and sleep.). If you have any further issues that you feel were not answered in less than 48 hours, please send an email to support letting us know you are a premier customer and posted in premier forums. There are occasions when I may not be available (see posting guidelines,) and Lance is in development mode or we are in a different time zone than you and not on 24/7

Please follow the posting guidelines, provide screenshots of your plugin enviromnent, the site url page, a screen shot is best because it also provide PHP info, WP versions   as well as which add-ons you have turned on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.