Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Store Page menu gone, menu items missing (dutch language)

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jaap
    Participant

Dear Support,

I might be missing something, but since the latest update I am missing stuff.

– Store Page main menu (in the left sidebar) is missing. So I can’t edit pages. I’ve been looking everywhere…

– Menu Items are blank in the main plugin (Dutch language). It’s been like that for months now

– The store overview doesn’t scroll the right way. There are items invisible

I hope you can figure out a way to fix this. Because I use this plugin all the time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Can you change the back end to English  to see if they reappear? There has been a reported issue with the WP 4.9 update and SLP 4.9 update that we are tracking down. One of our long term users, (pianni who works with  Swedish), is also helping us research to isolate the problem.  The developer is aware and is researching what has changed in the WP 4.9…WP also has   bugs reported by other developers concerning the language elements.

Thank you for weighing in and let us know if yo=switching to English helps

Cici
    Keymaster

Update SLP 4.9.1 resolves the issue according to the Developers post here. Please review and try it out.

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I have just updated to SLP 4.9.1 (and Power 4.9 + Pages, Contacts) and switched back to English version, but still I am facing the problem that:

• Store Page main menu (in the left sidebar) is missing.
    • Store pages are not shown (I have noticed a mismatch between the set value for “Permalink Starts With” and the called value). Manually correcting the called url does not show the existing Store Pages either.
    • In the Locations List, in the field Pages URL, the URL has the wrong starting value, the option to Edit is not allowed (“no permission” warning), the Edit to View doesn’t show the page.

Hope you can advise how to resolve this…

Toon

Toon
    Participant

Please find plugin environment attached…

Toon

Attachments:
    Jaap
    Participant

Exactly the same issues. Hope it gets resolved very soon. I understand that updates bring trouble sometimes. But the language-issue has been there for a long time. And to be honest: a lot of updates from SLP bring some sort of surprise…

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Make sure you are not using a localized language file or if you are that it is setup properly.   It is recommended you use the WordPress Translate site for translating the base plugin.   For the Power add on you will need to make sure the language file is complete and matches any translations in the base plugin.

Also make sure you are using SLP 4.9.1 which patches a language issue when switching sub tabs and that you have cleared and localized caching especially if you are using opCache.

If you have Pages enabled with Power addon via Settings | General | Server |Enable Pages the sidebar menu should appear.  That is handled by WordPress via a standard custom post type configuration.   You’ll also need to make sure you have the proper permissions to manage custom page types.  That means you have manage_slp_admin in your capability list.  It is added automatically for admin level users only.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Ran testing with SLP 4.9.1 and Power 4.9 on several languages and the Store Pages custom post type is showing up if Enable Pages is on for a default install and on some legacy test sites we are running.

Spanish, for example, has no translation files at Translate.WordPress.Org or available locally for the Power add on and had no issues with the Pages interface.

Check to make sure the pages are still enabled in the General tab and that you are logged in with a user with the proper capabilties.

Toon
    Participant

Hi Lance,

thanks for the fast response,

I attach a screenshot showing that Store Pages are enabled. You can also see that the translation files are not activated, I am testing in the original English version.

In the dashboard column on the left you see that Store pages are not shown as a a menu item.

I am logged in as an administrator.

If that helps, I can create an admin account for you to investigate this on my site (this is a test-version)

Regards,

Toon

Attachments:
    Jaap
    Participant

Dear Lance,

Same here. I tested with the settings on Dutch and English. I have enabled the Power Pack and enabled Pages in the SLP plugin. Nothing there…

The menus are back now with the latest update. So that’s a good thing. But Store Pages are not back. Unfortunately.

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Please update POWER to 4.9.1

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

the update did the trick. All is well again

Regards

Cici
    Keymaster

@toon.

Sorry it took so long. Lance thought he had published to production but somehow it didn’t get published. thanks for your patience

Cici
    Keymaster

@jaap,  Did you have a chance to update? Are you all set?

Jaap
    Participant

Just updated. Seems to be working! Thanks. I’ll check some more now…

Cici
    Keymaster

@Jaap

@Toon

Thanks for your patience and loyalty. We appreciate  customers who identify issues and who are avid supporters of the plugin.  I hope this request isn’t premature  but if you would like to leave a five star review about the support in WPSLP , I would appreciate it.  (Im hoping to keep my job in 2018, that means letting others know we are responsive)

🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Store Page menu gone, menu items missing (dutch language)’ is closed to new replies.