Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Store in postcode not showing up in radius

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Hello,

I am not very experienced with using this plugin and recently started looking after a site with this plugin, so please excuse my ignorance. I’ve been trying to work out a solution for a while now without success.

Two of my locations are IN postcode 5330 South Australia. When I search 5330, the locations won’t show up unless I search in a radius higher than than like 11km. It is saying that these locations are 10.5km from the postcode 5330 even though they are in fact within this postcode.

It means that people aren’t able to find these stores through the locator. As a temporary solution, I thought I could change the default radius to 25km, but this is yielding too many results and a wide map. We keep the default search radius on 5km, as our type of business is all about convenience – we can’t expect people to travel 25kms for service.

Is there any way to apply particular rules to a location? I really need them to show up in the radius as they technically fall within it.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi, You arent showing me the right screenshots. I need to see your Plugin Environment..(see Posting Guidelines) and your locator url would be good if I need to go inspect the site

Try some of these settings:

1) have you selected the Google Map Domain as Australia?

If all your locales are in Australia, then you should…Google universal map doesnt like AUstralia zip codes (Nor Denmark nor a bunch of other countries) For this reason, the developer went back and wrote the code to go to specific Google servers in the country.

2) where have you set the radius behavior? There are two settings that effect that, one is under Experience/search and the other is under Experience/Results.

I could give you more suggestions but I do not know what if any add-ons or versions you are using so I do not want to confuse you with tmi..

Let me know the answer to those after you have posted your version info (see under Info for Plugin environment) and I will try to help you some more.

There is additional information under the Documentation
    The new documentation site allows you to enter a keyword and it will find all the info for that one keyowrd, etc.

Melissa
    Participant

Hi Cici,
    Thanks heaps for your reply. I am on version 4.3.14. Is this all the plugin information you needed? You can see the page here: http://goo.gl/hI1e3x

In response to your queries:

1) have you selected the Google Map Domain as Australia?Yes, the map domain is set to Australia (maps.google.com.au)
    2) where have you set the radius behavior? There are two settings that effect that, one is under Experience/search and the other is under Experience/Results.
    I think it is set under Experience/Search. I attached screens of my settings for both.

There is additional information under the Documentation 

Thanks, I will have a look through this now and see if I can find any solutions.

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Your version is too old that that , the version you have was  when the map domain automatically went to the International Google server

All of our plugins and add-ons are at versions 4.4.xx…soon to become 4.5…Please update your add-ons if you have those as well, by the looks of your site you also have ProPack??

See the change log for all the versions and where they are at now…SLP is about to be released  as 4.4.37

change log about the version that changed that and

Heres the article:

4.4.05 2015-Dec-23

Enhancements

• The Experience / Map / Domain setting now influences the Google results when users type an address or zip code in the search box.
    • Start on WordPress REST API Endpoints for locations.
    • Support for new Experience add-on.
    • Simplify the add on system code. Increases stability and performance.
    • Skip add-on update and upgrade checks during plugin deactivation.
    • Add an option to show 50 locations on manage locations tab.
    Melissa
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I have updated my Store Locator plugin to version 4.4.37, as attached. My add-ons don’t show that they have updates pending so I think they are up to date as well.

Unfortunately, the issue is still occurring. I made sure that I am using the Australia map setting, also tested some others to see what happened. I also tried to create a new location in the postcode (5330) to see if there was some weird issue with the two store pages not showing up in the 5km results, but it also didn’t work.

Could this be a bug, or do you have any other suggestions I might be able to try? I appreciate the help.

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

No I don’t believe it is a SLP bug,  Either Google MAP API  does not think that zip code is within your radius setting  (*No surprise there, they often change their algorithms and I have an Australia Map that I had to change settings and manually insert the correct lat/long)  If you  check the locations geocodeed LAT/LONG is it coming up correctly?   I had to physically set the lat/long for the Sydney Opera House for example, because Google kept trying to put it somewhere a few streets back…=== (see attached example to check where the geocode lands you)

Do you have radius behavior set as Always use ?

Check the  Search Address Nearest: Is it set to World wide or Current a MAP

You can also see what your zoom settings are and adjust accordingly.   You might try to set your zoom level tighter and your Results Radius To Search Initially lower instead of 8000km. .  Do you have your Center Map set or is it set at just center of Australia?  If you have most sites in the lower half of Australia you might want to pick a center map at slightly different.

You still have some outdated add-ons.    New versionsdo not always show up in the WP admin panel because they are add-0ns and  WP checks for updates of all  plugins in a 12 hour loop so when a lot of plugins update at same time, like now when Version 4.5 was released it may never get to our SLP add-ons.

If you look under your SLP panel tab  INFO NEWS periodically , any version updates or issues are  announced in a post there.   It is good to read the posts occasionally because we have started to include many tutorial videos about the updates.  The newer 4.4 versions normally do show up as needing version updates but only when you open your Plugin List .

PRODUCTS Page. you can click on various  Add-ons or go to your account to see downloads to update

Pages (formerly called Store Pages) is version 4.4.07

ProPAck version update post is 4.4.04

Social Media Extender is 4.4.01

Enhanced Results is now considered a Legacy add-on since the =newer version is included in Experience Add-on  but is 4.3.02 , Ditto:  Enhanced Map older 4.3 version is  4.3.01 or the newer 4.4 versions is in Experience add-on,

Enhanced Search is 4.3.03…ditto as above, inc EXP

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Melissa, Have you updated all your Plugins and Add-ons now?  Have you updated to WP 4.5.? If you have and  you have any issues please post in a new forum thread. There have been a lot of updates since this post, quite a few of our plugins  and add-ons are now on version 4.5 to keep current with WordPress. If you are experiencing any issues after updating WP to 4.5 please read the Authors Post.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Store in postcode not showing up in radius’ is closed to new replies.