Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Split: csv – Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reason

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wes Nellis
    Participant

Hi,

I have now started getting having the same issue when trying to import a CSV file.  Is there an update on when a fix will be available?

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

@wes

I split your comment out, if you noticed those other forum topics that you glommed on were dated back in Dec 2018.   The Power add-on issues were resolved  back in December 2018. What versions of everything are you using? a screen shot of your   Plugin environment  etc. would help.  Please see Forum Posting  guidelines 

Wes Nellis
    Participant

Hi,

Attached is the screenshot you requested…

I’m using WordPress 5.3.2.  I last used the CSV importer on 2/5/20 and it worked fine.  Today I got the Security Error.  Everything is a new install since 2/4/2020.

BTW… You’ll notice the Buy Here For WooCommerce plugin needs an update, and I’ve tried to several times but it continues to say it needs updated.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Wes,

Thank you, that isnt the Plugin environment I was referring to, the one I was referring to is under the SLP plugin  INFO tab, that shows us the SLP version and any add-ons (thank you , I see what you have now ) but  also WP version, PHP version, , etc You can also post in Premier forums. The people who posted 2 years ago were talking about file permissions and that was a WordPress security issue bug which prevented UTF8 CSV file types to be recognized and uploaded.  I tested and have imported a few different files using current wp version and SLP and am not seeing  any issues

If you are being prevented  or seeing a security issue and you have latest WP 5.3.2 I  can only guess it is your hosting company or something else in your environment has changed,

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/q-how-does-store-locator-plus-handle-large-location-list-imports/

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/troubleshooting-large-scale-exports/

If you want me to test your csv file you can send  a small sample of your csv file ( first few lines) to  support and we can test on my siteto see if there is anything wonky

P.S. Buy Here Woo Commerce was never updated to version 5, so you can ignore or deactivate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.