Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Some settings lost after update

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Toon
    Participant

Hi,

I have experienced several times now that when I update Store Locator Plus + Power the following settings are lost:

• General -> Server: Enable Pages is unchecked after update
    • Settings -> Search: the 3 settings for Category Selector are set to default.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Regards,

Toon

Cici
    Keymaster

Are you manually updating or auto updating?

See Lances news feed about the update process and settings being lost depending on the order the updates are done.  He has provided instructions and a You tube video.

Hopefully that will resolve your issue going forward.

Cici
    Keymaster

I have also notified lance since he is working on another update for SLP and Power that involves arrays. Maybe we can send you the beta files if you have a dev or staging site you can test the fixes on.

let us know.

thx

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I have a development site to test updates, happy to try.

Regards,

Toon

Cici
    Keymaster

I will email the pre releases of SLP and Power it will show as coming from support.

Cici
    Keymaster

Sent to email @ kpnmail.nl

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

today we have updated to SLP 4.9.21 and SLP-Power 4.9.21 and the same problem is happening again: the same settings are lost.

Regards,

Toon

Cici
    Keymaster

Are you manually updating or when you deactiavte the base plugin do you see an update available since SLP  does not auto update like WP does.    I just tested on my site , had enable Pages on before updating Power to latest version.  As long as I deactivated and updated SLP base plugin first (which when I deactivated it it also deactivated my add-ons. (That is a feature that was added so people would not l crash if there was an incompatibility issue.)

I then just clicked on the update now under the Power plugin. I went back to check under General/settings

I did not lose the enable pages setting when I updated Power to 4.9.21

Did you happen to read Lances blog about not losing settings and the orde of updates?

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/manually-updating-wordpress-plugins/

I am trying to figure out the steps you are taking so I can pass the info on to Lance before the next release.

Toon
    Participant

Hi Cici,

1) Yes I read Lances blog, althoug the video did not come with sound. I used that procedure in a stageing site and it worked OK.

2) For my production site the maintenance provider used the standard “Update now” link that appears behind a plugin in the Plugin dashboard (The list of all installed plugings).

After your message of September 21th I supposed that Lance would resolve the issue in the new release. That does not appear to be the case.

Although there is a work-around, the standard WP update procedure should work flawlessly. I hope that Lance can fix that in a next release.

Regards,

Toon

Cici
    Keymaster

as mentioned in his news feed,

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/manually-updating-wordpress-plugins/

WP  or your third party update software may  deploy the updates randomly. Whereas SLP requires  the base plugin to be updated first .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.