Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus (SOLVED!) Latest SLP update breaks WP Multisite!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Frandsen
    Participant

// This post is mostly FYI to SLP + sharing how I solved it to fellow peers using SLP.

Hi

This morning a was just doing some normal WP updates to our web server, a WP Multisite install (WP v.4.4), with some live sites and development sites on it.

After the update ALL sites where gone at first glance! None of the sites was showing up on their respective urls and not showing any content within respective WP Admins. But all sites where present in WP Superadmin (Multisite / network). But every client url was just showing a default WP site…

WHY?
    After some error-searching, it was clear that it was the latest SLP update, that was the villain. The Wp plugin Store Locator Plus worked fine with v4.4.37 installed. But after updating it to v4.5.03 it created this mess and broke our WP multisite install.

So if you have a multisite (network), skip this update and give SLP a change to fix this serious bug. It might not effect WP single installs, I don’t know.

SOLUTION:
    Simply deactivate WP plugin Store Locator Plus from your WP Superadmin (Multisite / network) > Plugins and all should go back to normal on your WP Multisite. Then, you either wait for a bug fix in the next SLP update or you reverse to version v4.4.37 (but I don’t know if it saves all the customization you might have done though…).

I’m going to wait for the bugfix in the next update (I assume they will get right on this), since I only have one client site in development using this plugin, so far, and none in production yet.

Reversing directions?
    Would be nice if SLP could respond and advise how to reverse down to SLP v4.4.37 without loosing customizations. Thank’s.

Testing on SLPs own Multisite?
    Why was this not discovered or even tested on SLPs own WP Multisite installation? If so, you would have found this bug directly after update. Before I bought SLP I was assured that SLP run Multisite themselves and because of this, what now happend, would never happen…

I’m not mad, just stating the obvious – SLP might wanna review their update release testing protocol to always include testing on Multisite before releasing new versions.

Cici
    Keymaster

As of  SLP 4.5.04 , the Premier subscription will fix any issues with multi sites.   I will send you an email about the network  multi-site license,

Peter Frandsen
    Participant

Thank you Cici 🙂

Cici
    Keymaster

SLP 4.5.05 is in release

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘(SOLVED!) Latest SLP update breaks WP Multisite!’ is closed to new replies.