Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support slpplus dynamic title page not working shortcode

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dennis
    Participant

Hi

i have try to use shortcode in my wordpress page title tag area but when i will add this shortcode in title tag [slp_directory style=”title”] then i have getting not results and not any city display in title page from breadcrum my all page comming for dynamic city so can you fix me how i can use this shortcode in my wordpress dynamic pages

thanks

Dennis wruck

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi, I am not sure what you are trying to do but you cannot put a shortcode where the WP title of a page , where a  permalink  will be created.  See the SLP  documentation.

and more docs on directory 

The  shortcodes should be in the text area on the PAGE in WordPress not in the area reserved for the title of your WP page

See SLP  tutorial videos for Premier features, and other how to videos. If you need help overall with creating your WP site, we suggest http://cybersprocket.com/

Cici
    Keymaster
    Dennis
    Participant

Hi cici

my store locaotr have some premium plugin Experience, power and Premier pluginn activate after my below plugin not active in my dashboard

– Store Locator Plus : Directory Builder
    -Store Locator Plus :: Pages
    – Store Locator Plus Legacy – Enhanced Map
    – Store Locator Plus Legacy : Enhanced Search

i have getting in plugin conflict error

now i will give you some more screenshot what i want to do in pages so i hope you are easy to understand

here i have mention my below plugin in my website and i have purchase all premium subscription

– Store Locator Plus -> 4.7.1
    – Store Locator Plus – Experience -> 4.7.1
    – Store Locator Plus – Power -> 4.7.1
    – Store Locator Plus – Premier -> 4.7.1

when i will try to install other plugin then i have getting plugin conflict error in slp other plugin
    please take care my issues

and here i have mention my all other screenshot please check i have mention everything in screenshot so you have easy idea so what i have to do

Cici
    Keymaster

You need to uninstall the inactive plugins “Enhanced Map and Enhanced Search” they are replaced by Experience…You cannot install Enhanced, etc  and Experience Add-ons at the same time. You shouldn’t even have those in your account unless you purchased them before. Just IGNORE them, they do not work with Experience Add-on, Experience add-on replaced them. Its an either or not both to use per domain.

Ditto with the DB, Page etc  You will get error messages if you try to use those with Power Add-on.  They need to be deleted, not installed.  See the Legacy vs replacements

Bottom line if it does not have the word Premier in front of it do not use it. If it says Legacy do not use it.

Pages Templates changed with WP 4.5, I do not know what you are using to create the Page templates, but you cannot use the old references and framework and create new ones. Did you try to transfer over from an old site?

You are using the shortcodes incorrectly, unless your theme allows for it, and apparently it does not.  You are trying to create a Directory builder within a Page template?  I do not understand what you are trying to do. I will have the developer take a look , perhaps he can figure something out for you.

In the mean time did you watch the tutorials and read the documentation?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

You cannot put slp_directory shortcodes in page titles.

By default the built-in WordPress shortcode processor only works in page content per the WordPress Codex.
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_shortcode

What you are trying to do is build dynamic WordPress page titles on the fly. This is going to break a lot of internal stuff in WordPress including the permalink system, many SEO plugins, and other attributes of WordPress Core.

Is it possible. Maybe. But not without a lot of overhead to manage the changing titles.

Store Locator Plus is designed to use the standard WordPress Core shortcode processor and as such will not let you do what you are attempting in your screen shot.

You need to take a different approach.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.