Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rhian
    Participant

Hi guys,

I am having some issues getting the addons and the SLP plugin to work. Its been having issues for a while but so far i have been too busy to sort it out. I’ve looked and searched this forum for an answer but couldnt find any, also tried to find documentation but that also didnt bring anyhting useful up. So please help 🙂

As soon as I update my SLP base plugin to the newest version I get an HTTP 500 error. I have tracked down that the issue seems to be the “Icon set pins” and have taken it off, for now.

Social Media Extender is causing a “http 500 error”. The version I am using currently is 4.5.01 as this addon has disappeared from my downloads (I’ve raised a seperate post in the forum to get it sorted) but even then it should cause that error.

Pro pack seems to have stopped completely. Do I need to download the Legacy pro pack version from my downloads, has there been a change when the name was changed to legacy?

I think I understand that the old addons, that you call legacy, are still available and should still work with the current SLP plugin, is that correct? Or do I need to find what SLP base plugin version works with the legacy plugins?

Currently I have gone back to version 4.4 for the base plugin just so the map sort of work son my website. It seems that as soon as I update it to the newest version, even with the addons disabled, the map layout no longer gives me the layout options that I used to have, but a simple (not very pretty or useful) option. I remember being able to choose from various layouts, what happened to that?

I have looked at your website and found the version listing for all plugins and addons but that doesnt seem to help me find what versions of each I need to use to make it all work. Also, would it be possible to re-download older versions of the addons, so i can go back to the setup that last worked, until this is sorted?

And lastly I have to say that most of the links to documentation in the SLP dashboard do not work. Same when I am on the versions page of your website and click on the legacy addon names, to go to their product pages it brings me to “Page not Found”. For example, I click on Enhanced Results and it links to “https://www.storelocatorplus.com/product/slp4-enhanced-map/” but that page no longer exists. Please correct that, its very confusing.

I would be very grateful for your help.

Many thanks, Rhian

Cici
    Keymaster

The information about all of the above has been published in countless posts, in documentation, in the forums.

The changes coning was first posted in Dec 2015, then again in January 2016, then again (a few times specifically about ProPack) in July 2016 and then again January 2017 (where the clear out your bookmarks was noted).

We are constantly updating, improving  and moving forward. We are adding services, we are adding features (Premier subscription gets you all that and more features and functionality) the developer has also a new SaaS project and offering.  He changed  the site domain to differentiate between the WordPress StorelocatorPlus and the MY SLP SAAS store locator.

See documentation here

You should have downloaded the latest version of ProPack and Tagalong from your account  back in July.  See versions here.

If you want to ensure all the add-ons will continue to work with newer versions of SLP, you should purchase Power, Experience or better value for those….Premier subscription

The add-ons will always work with the version of Store Locator Plus that was available at the time you purchased the add-ons.  The individual add-ons called Legacy will eventually stop working. This has been announced throughput the past  year.  There is too much overhead and inefficiencies of the softwareto continue to maintain 20 add-ons. It is not cost effective and not efficient. Some of those add-ons date back 5 years and do not work as well in the current environment. Just as WordPress is contsantly updating we must as well.

If  you do not want to make your site using SLP the best it can be, and you still want the outdated add-ons, then you should not update SLP beyond 4.7.2

Please note:

The best way  to keep informed about the technology and improvements and new releases is to subscribe to the RSS feed, follow us on Twitter or follow us on FaceBook or Google+

If  functionality and appearance of your  site is important to you, or if  you developed a site for someone else, you should keep versions updated.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. As of this date, the only Legacy add-on that will not work with SLP 4.7.4 is Enhanced Search…All of the other versions that are currently in production as of todays date work as long as you have updated WP and assuming your theme is following best WP practices, with updated jquery.

We cannot be held accountable for poorly written themes or other plugins. SLP works with ALL of the free WP themes. SLP has been tested to be compatible with latest Wp. SLP uses WP best practices.

Rhian
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I understand that there are newer, better options for sale. However, currently I do not have the money to upgrade and have to make do with what I have. But I am hoping to be able to upgrade later this year.

And thank you for your help. I understand about the warnings to download the addons at certain times. i had someone in charge of my website that simply didn’t follow up/did anything. Now I’m trying to get it all back up and running properly. Is there a possibility to download older versions of the addons, or the original version when i purchased them? You gave me a link to the versions page, but I seem to get only errors with a link to the product page in the shop (shwing the newest version for purchase) when trying to access the page for each of my addons. Is there a working link for downloads of older versions or am I doing something wrong?

Btw, I am using the Canvas theme from Woo, I would assume that this one is not poorly written.

I apologise for my lack of action in July, however I am trying to find answers etc. myself but its quite frustrating when every other link leads nowhere. I understand you must be busy doing other things but I hope you are aware that links to older documentation is broken, even on your new website and the updated plugin dashboard. The links you provided in your reply above leads me to your website, which I have been throughand hav enot been able to find the older versions I assume I need.

It would be gerat if you could point me to the correct page(s) to download these.

Many thanks, Jenniffer

Cici
    Keymaster

I  do not have the older legacy  versions . You need to download from your account and it will provide you with the version of your add-on that is in production. You can download older versions of SLP from the directory.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/q-where-can-i-find-an-earlier-version-of-the-core-slp-plugin/

That is the only option if you wish to continue to use the legacy add-ons. It is the SLP version of the base plugin that will create an incompatibility issue not the other way around.

Lance has an auto redirect to all the links. If you have bookmarked a page just follow the redirect.   If you provide me exactly what link you see a page not found please provide me with the link itself, thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.