Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    grathx
    Participant

Hello

I’m not able to access “Map”, “Results” or “View” under Settings. They are greyed out. “Search” however is highlighted green but I am unable to change any of the settings. Any idea why this is happening?

Kind regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

You have not provided your plugin environment as requested in the Posting guidelines.

Best guess without any other info is you have a conflict with another plugin.

One SLP user posted the suspect: ” …if  you can’t change any of the settings for the SLP like map, turn off the plugin Smush”

You can use WP debug to find it 

or follow basic troubleshooting guidelines , turn off plugins one at a time

grathx
    Participant

Hello

We turned Smush off and we were able to access the menu. Thank you!

We have SLP on two sites. On one site the search function works if we enter a location but does not if we enter a zip but on the other it does not work at all. ”
    Could not locate this address. Please try a different location.”

Google provides us only with a browser key and not a geocoding key. We click maps and places when we enable the google maps platform and our credit card is attached to the project. We notice in the blogs that we need both keys but not sure how to retrieve both. Can you help?

Store Locator Plus®:5.0.3

Site URL:https://atrplastics.com.au/misty

This Info Cached:1548201591

Network Active:No

WordPress Version:5.0.3

PHP Version:7.0.27

MySQL Version:5.5.38

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:44 MB

PHP Post Max Size:50M

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Cici. Reason: formatting
    Cici
    Keymaster

Here is an article to help you with what you need to know about Google keys.  There should be two boxes under the google , MAPS AND PLACES, CHECK BOTH OFF

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/wordpress-store-locator-plus-google-api-key/

Cici
    Keymaster

Do you see the drop down menu under Maps where to select Map domain under SLP? Some people have reported some missing on sites they already had running but updated. Trying to track down any culprits that may be json related.

See docs and the screenshot in the docs

This is not the same as geocoding APi key, it is what Google geocoding needs to find the region , i,.e map domain.

grathx
    Participant

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

We do check both “Maps” and “Places”

I do find the notes and screen grabs confusing as they jump between a single key and two keys and suggests that one key may work. It would be great if the notes were presented as the steps/process, with screen grabs for a single key and the outcome and the steps/process for 2 keys and the outcome. The current information just doesn’t show a clear pathway for people like me.

The API keys do work as we are able to move the pin for “Center Map At” on both sites. Currently on the US site it is in Kansas.

On the US site, with the single API key, we CAN search if we add suburbs, towns or cities into the search field but we CANNOT search on zip codes. Should we be able to search on zip codes?

On the Australian site we CANNOT search on suburbs etc or zip codes.

We are able to locate the appropriate “Map Domain” for both the US and Australian site

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, i had to reformat your text for that one.

can you go to the SLP general Tab under Admin and enable Debug. and run the  debug log .  You will see the link to docs on the side: “Hover over a setting to learn what it does.

Enable WP Debug

Turns on WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. Use with caution: it can display warnings and errors on your web pages. View debug.log

View the documentation for Enable WP Debug.

grathx
    Participant

Hello

Thank you for your response and the suggestion to view the debug.log file.

I’ve retrieved the log. I’m not sure what I’m suppose to do with this information. I’ve copied the log below for your reference. Any suggestions?

Kind regards

[29-Jan-2019 00:12:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Cart::get_cart_url is deprecated since version 2.5! Use wc_get_cart_url instead. in /websites/at/atrplastics.com.au/misty/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3923

[29-Jan-2019 00:12:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: homepage_posts_layout in /websites/at/atrplastics.com.au/misty/wp-content/themes/memorable/includes/specific-page-content.php on line 27

[29-Jan-2019 00:12:42 UTC] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant php – assumed ‘php’ in /websites/at/atrplastics.com.au/misty/wp-content/themes/childofparer/index.php on line 72

Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks for providing that.    It shouldnt effect SLP The “deprectaaed” WooCommerce one you can probably ignore, but the other two both have to do with your theme.

Contact the theme developer and send him those PHP  errors. See about Javascript and PHP issues preventing SLP to load

P.S. Turn off the debugger if you still have it on, you should never leave that alive on a production site btw.

As far as how to set up the keys  ,

The developer wrote a brand new article with a video that should explain it better.

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/api-keys-with-referer-restrictions-cannot-be-used/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.