Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Search using particular Zip Code returns 0 results

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brandon4
    Participant

We are having problems with the locator searching for locations under area code 97140 on this site: https://www.masonic-oregon.com/lodge-locator/

Searching for other Zip Codes nearby does return results, and searching for the City name does return the location that is within the 97140 Zip code. We have updated WP and the Plugin recently and that did resolve the issue with not being able to search for the City as well as the Zip code.

Cici
    Keymaster

If you use any Browser tool  and inspect you will see that Google has posted the following message :

Google JavaScript API geocoder failed with status ZERO_RESULTS results 0

further investigation shows that the action did GET the info but just didnt show results.

Next step, I went to the Google MAPS commercial app,  and typed in search box 97140. Google couldn’t locate the address.  As far as Google is concerned, there isnt enough info to process. See screenshot taken using Google MAPs, not your site.

There are some features in Premier that “assists” the visiotr with selections such as Show Google address guess, etc.

Finding a zip code is 100% Google MAP  issue. You can write them at support if it is important, most likely they will tell you to instruct your customers to type in more information to improve their results. I.E such as city.  If you want to change the No results found and add a different message please see documents,

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/no-results-found-label/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    brandon4
    Participant

OK that is odd, if I run that same search in Google Maps I get the proper results (Sherwood OR). Is it possible that the StoreLocator plugin is running the search from an odd Geo-Location? I have the map set to center on Oregon. See settings below. Is there something else I can modify to make the Plugin run from our Location in Oregon rather than somewhere else?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

When I go to Commercial maps and only use the number  without additional info this is what Google Commercial Maps shows me :

Maps can’t find 97140
    Make sure your search is spelled correctly. Try adding a city, state, or zip code.
    Should this place be on Google Maps?

You can  try to force Google to return correct results and use the shortcode for  only with oegon on the page or use autocomplete , if you have the experience add-on, or use a discrete search method.   Premier subscribers also have additional query rules to assist your search process for the  site visitor, but I would try the experience addon first.  It is not the back end  or SLP that is the issue, it is Google front end,

.https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/slplus-shortcode-options/

P.S.

The developer of MYSLP is  working on a new way to search first in an alternate location geocode database before searching Google.  MYSLP  is already showing to be more accurate when returning search results.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.