Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Search results work but the map shows a different location

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Leigh
    Participant

Hi, the store locator has been working fine until recently – now it will only display the same (and incorrect) area of the map no matter what search you put in. The results displayed below the map are correct and show the closest to the postcode/address searched. I’ve attached a screengrab of the plugin page on WordPress. The site affected is here: http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/buy-us/

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Leigh,

All of your Enhanced Add-ons are out dated and will not work properly with all the newer 4.5 versions of SLP and WP 4.5.2.  .There have been a lot of changes, improvements and security updates. WP 4.5.2 also effected the way some themes and plugins worked. It uses the new version of jquery.

All of the Enhanced Add-ons  that you show (Results search and map as well as Widgets) are now part of the new Experience Add-on, (not to be confused with the Experience package previously sold, that model was not working well)

The Enhanced add-ons are considered Legacy, they will work,  but you would need to update them to at least 4.4..x versions.

Suggest you update those versions, and or purchase the newer EXP Add-on. I can offer you a discount coupon to use, since you bought the Other add-ons within the past year.   If you wish to do that please send an email to Support/Contact Us

The reason for the changes are explained in Lances Post 

Leigh
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for the info, i’ll try updating the legacy versions first – i’ve downloaded the files available to me on the My Account page but they appear to be versions 4.3. Please could you let me know where I can download the 4.4 versions?

Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

1) Oh Gosh, I am so sorry. I totally forgot that the Enhanced Add-ons were not released individually  as a v  4.4 because EXPERIENCE  ADD-On was already released at the same time when SLP went to 4.4 instead.   Sorry My mistake, Only ProPack, Tagalong, etc the other add-ons that haven’t been rolled into Power or Premier as yet were updated to 4.4. as individual add-ons. I can send you a coupon, I replied to your IT person about that in email.

Sorry about that miscommunication:, so let me try to understand your question a little better.

2) I visited your site, I do not know as much about the UK geography  so I just  entered a search for “Devonshire”.

A list of results came up and a few pins came up on the map.  Do you have a Center MAP at a central location?  Have you selected the UK Map domain? What are your zoom settings/ (Zoom was adjusted in an update) Post about EXPERIENCE and ZOOM updates

Did the issue only appear with the WP 4.5.2 update? If so check that your Theme and other plugins updated to utilize the rules set by the WP 4.5 version.. Dev  POST about the WordPress updates and effects that pother plugins or themes can have on your Map.

3) I inspected the site, went to Console and error message appeared, you might want to check that plugin and see if it is updated or is interfering with the map :

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/buy-us/animate.css

Please let me know if this info helps.

Leigh
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I’ve upgraded to the new Experience add-on but i’m still having the same issue. Whatever search term I put in, it always goes to the same (and incorrect) location on the map. The zoom level is about where I want it but it’s just in the wrong place! I’ve attached a screen shot of my settings, I hope you can help.

Thanks again

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Leigh,

Ok, let me try to help you figure it out.  You have Elegant Themes by Divi, Divi had issues when WP went to 4.5. “Divi is known to be incompatible, yes, our Master List (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/read-this-first-wordpress-45-master-list) contains a fix for this that does not break Core jQuery though.”

Have you checked and updated? It appears it is using old jquery 1.11 or one of your plugins is using that, which indicates it could be what is creating issues with your map.

Read the Post about this and WP Master list

I did an  Inspection of your site , it appeared you are using Elegant themes diviv2.2 and they are up to 2.7 now.  It isnt always not loading the map but stopping the map from loading correctly as well.  If they have not been updated it will interfere with the Map and cause all sorts of peculiar happenings.

, it is either your theme (most likely suspect), an something  appears to be  using old jquery 1.11 which indicates the update to WP 4.5.2 and not updating the other plugins and themes  could be what is creating issues with your map.

..When I use the browser tool with  Chrome , and Inspect console

You are getting this error message :

.Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found )http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/buy-us/animate.css

You can contact your  theme author to update and/or use the debugger

. See the Troubleshooting Page for more info, links and tutorials.

Leigh
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Divi is updated to 2.7.5 – i’m using a child theme and the css file in that states 2.2 as I haven’t been bothered to change it. The theme is the latest though. How can I tell what version of jquery something – e.g. a plugin is using?

I looked in the page source and found the following:

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/core.min.js?ver=1.11.4′></script&gt;

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4′></script&gt;

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/mouse.min.js?ver=1.11.4′></script&gt;

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/resizable.min.js?ver=1.11.4′></script&gt;

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/draggable.min.js?ver=1.11.4′></script&gt;

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/button.min.js?ver=1.11.4′></script&gt;

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/position.min.js?ver=1.11.4′></script&gt;

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/dialog.min.js?ver=1.11.4′></script&gt;

These appear to be in the core WordPress files – is this the problem?

I’ve tried deactivating all plugins to see if I could narrow it down but that hasn’t made any difference.

The animate.css was just used on the homepage, there’s nothing on this page that would use that.

Sorry i’m not too knowledgable on js, is there another way you can have a look to see what’s wrong? I can give you a temporary login – would that work?

Thanks for all your help so far

Chris

Cici
    Keymaster

Are you using WP 4.5.2? WP 4.5 uses jquery 1.12.13, if you click on the links it should bring you directly to the line that is using the old jquery.  The above references are not core WP I believe they are part of  Revslider.

Are you still using  the Buy-US animate  css file , because that is not loading and is failing as well as the one that is also nder the buy -us, I do not know if that is an icon, a marker or a link., whatever it is, it is pointing to the wrong file path evidently.

If it is in your child theme you might need to fix it in both places, those are Not part of WP core.

Failed to load resource 404 error found, it cant fins it in your doirectory path:

http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/buy-us/animate.css

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/contact/animate.css

You should fix wherever those paths are and incorrectly identified under your buy-us

Leigh
    Participant

Hi Cici

Yes it’s running WP 4.5.2.

I’ve updated Revslider and removed the animate.css file for now. Unfortunately the issue is still happening. No matter what you put in the search field it still takes you to the same place on the map.

Could it be something in the Store Locator settings that’s changed since the update to 4.5?

Thanks for your continued help and patience.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Leigh,

Not likely that the issue was created via  changes in SLP,  or we would most likely have heard an awful lot of complaints by now and the testing is fairly robust.  I am guessing it has something to do with your CSS rules or theme,. Having said that,  sometimes bugs are revealed that we are unaware of  since there are so many combinations of unique settings and site configurations out there.

I can have the developer take a look when he can but he is working on two paid customization projects at the moment so I am not sure when he can get into looking at your site.

If you want to provide some login credentials and get on his schedule ASAP you would need to go through the Paid Support.   If it is a bug on SLP’s  part we of course would not charge you the support fee,.  To get on his schedule to troubleshoot your site, please opt in for  the level of Paid Support. you feel you need.

Leigh
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I’ve thought of something else it might be. About the same time I updated I also uploaded a new CSV file with a lot more locations from the client. If there are any errors within this, could it have an effect?

I tried the following:

Deleted all locations (208) apart from one. Refreshed the map, tried a search – it worked! No matter where i entered into the search bar, it zoomed into the correct place showing the location I searched for and the one store location.

I then re-uploaded the other 207 stores – I have the same issue again.

Please can you have a look at the CSV file attached to see if there’s anything wrong? I’ve also attached a screengrab of the import options used.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Your header line data filed formats seem to be  mixing apples and oranges. For instance you have sl_store, but “State” instead of sl_state.     You have a bunch of empty spaces  after the words and before commas, i.e.
    WAITROSE AMPTHILL       , and that is through out your csv file. You can see I have no spaces after any of my data fields I exported, they are commas..

You should not use capital letters for categroy  slugs. Location Imports information

For instance this is what my header line (data field names are) when I exported them:
    sl_id,sl_store,sl_address,sl_address2,sl_city,sl_state,sl_zip,sl_country,sl_latitude,sl_longitude,sl_tags,sl_description,sl_email,sl_url,sl_hours,sl_phone,sl_fax,sl_image,sl_private,sl_neat_title,featured,rank,category,category_slug

You do not need all of them of course, for instance you do not need your latitiude and ligtitude if you are not importing those. When you uploaded CSV file did you choose, First row has header?

Here is a link to csv examples of and what your CORRECT SL_FIELD NAMES will look like.

Cici
    Keymaster

Documentation Links on our new doc site will say Power add-on but it is same for ProPack as far as Import info.

Leigh
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for all your help. I’ve managed to find a work around.

Initially I just wanted a simple interface with a search bar and submit button but found adding the radius drop down magically made the locator work as required. I think it was the sudden increase in locations (from 70 to over 250) that seemed to trouble it.

Kind regards

Chris

Cici
    Keymaster

hi Chris,

Thanks for letting us  know. That is curious.  I would not think you would need to show it in the drop down menu but just put the parentheses around the preferred radius.  Did you have to correct your CSV file?

I will discuss the “curious” radius function with Lance next time we have a meeting.

I would appreciate it if you would  be willing  to leave some feedback about how well the base  SLP plugin has met your needs or anything you can contribute as far as what I can do better to make your experience a positive one.     Just follow the yellow brick road (or in this case grey)  If you like Store Locator Plus please leave a ★★★★★ rating onWordPress.org. A huge thank you from Lance and his fellow code geeks

Leigh
    Participant

Hi Cici,

No I didn’t correct anything on the CSV file.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Chris

Cici
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Thanks for using the forums to post your questions and answers.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I wanted to make you are aware that when you upgrade to 4.5.08 or 4.5.09 of SLP it will disable your ProPAck 4.5 version. you will need to log into your account and upload the current version 4.5.08 there. Ditto you should update Tagalong.

Please note those two add-ons are incorporated into the Power Add-on and we are offering coupons to those people who purchased them before. If you ahve not received an email invite to use the Power coupon please let us know or send a request to support.

Before I close this loop I decided to go back and view your link url above. I am still seeingthe  failures to load

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1

http://test.mrshericksshakes.co.uk/buy-us/animate.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Could this part of your theme have been creating an issue? I have seen other sites with the animate.css without issues but I am no developer so would not want to make a definitive statement regarding that piece of the code.

Your site appears to be working now, (or was that just a test site) if it is not working the way you intended please let us know.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Search results work but the map shows a different location’ is closed to new replies.