Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    arnulf.diegel
    Participant

The german search results need to have one space between the city and the postal code. How can we fix this problem?

Cici
    Keymaster

I cant see what you are showing me  with that screenshot inserted and without knowing your site url

The results layout is determined by a combination of your theme settings and the Plugin style  (locator style) you have selected

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/results-layout-shortcodes-and-attributes/

It does not matter if the site or location is in germany, Australia or the USA.   You can change the layout of the results if that is what you are asking.  I.E if you are saying the order of the results format should show the postal code  after the city in the second place or second row  and before the state or country as opposed to at the very end of the address.   I cant advise you for your specifics since you did not provide us with the site url or what you are using for plugin or add-ons.

The order of the results can be  changed in the results layout or with  CSS added with the experience add-on. 

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/layout-shortcode-cheat-sheet/

arnulf.diegel
    Participant

Good morning.
    It does matter, because in the US version everything is fine. Have a look at http://www.glycklich.com

There must be one space between the town and the postal code.

Now it is “Krefeld47829” for example, but must be “Krefeld 47829”

Understand?

Cici
    Keymaster

i looked at the url but I do not see a map or store locator,

Could you provide us with your Plugin environment.  There was a fix for spaces in zip itself  so it could be similar situation  but I need your  plugin environment before bringing it to developer

See what is meant by plugin environment, screenshot of the Info plugin environment can be found under SLP/Info tab

Cici
    Keymaster

I was able to see your site store url it took a while to load.

You are referring to the results layout and specifically  this results element on your site is not correct:   <span class=”slp_result_address slp_result_citystatezip”>Mülheim45481</span>

and it should be this to display correctly

<span class=”slp_result_address slp_result_citystatezip”> [slp_location city_state_zip]</span>

which Plug In style  or locator style under Settings/view are you using?   I will look at it in the admin area on my site to see if it is copying correctly on my site.  On our  test site , I have selected the Alphaville gallery style and  it is displaying properly on the front end  Your theme may be overriding the layout setting I do not know,   you will need to investigate a little on your end.

These documents explains how to check the styling elements and results layout on your site.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/adjust-locator-styling/

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/results-layout-shortcodes-and-attributes/

arnulf.diegel
    Participant

Sorry, but it is still not working and I don‘t know why it is not displayed correct in the random settings.

arnulf.diegel
    Participant

Would you please show me the site where it works? It is only in the german version. I tried all styles and there was evrywhere the same problem. Not good…… things like that shoukd be standard

Cici
    Keymaster

Make sure your results settings under results layout is correct as is shown above.

did you try the WP debugging  and/or changing to a basic WordPress default theme to make sure your theme is not overriding? The front end results should be the same no matter what, if you are seeing an issue check  the back end  your results layout as I showed above with look for the line in the  results layout that has the [slp_location city_state_zip]

We really need to see your Plugin environment for version info.

Please Provide your plugin environment per posting guidelines

arnulf.diegel
    Participant

Cant display the image here, so here is the link http://www.karoo-tales.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/kfcjbmkmbajodegk.png
    <p style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;”><span style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-weight: bold; color: #5a5b5c; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”>Plugin Environment:</span></p>
    <p style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;”></p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>Store Locator Plus®:</span>5.0.4</p>

<p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>Site URL:</span>https://glycklich.com</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>This Info Cached:</span>1550838719</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>Network Active:</span>No</p>

<p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>WordPress Version:</span>4.9.9</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>PHP Version:</span>5.6.40</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>MySQL Version:</span>5.5.60</p>

<p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>PHP Limit:</span>-1</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>WordPress General Limit:</span>40M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>WordPress Admin Limit:</span>-1</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>PHP Peak RAM:</span>77 MB</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span class=”label” style=”color: #607895; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>PHP Post Max Size:</span>64M</p>

Cici
    Keymaster

ok, I tested using that style and added an address for Germany and you are right it does not display  correctly in the results. I tried a few different default styles.  I think  (pretty sure) it is because it doesn’t have an entry as ‘state” .   I tried a few work arounds, I am able to fix it on my end because I have the experience add on and I can correct the results layout, but for basic SLP plugin it currently shows correctly in the map info bubble (when you click on marker)  but in the results text  runs the city and postal code together . A temporary and (not correct) method would be to add a state or area such as a suburb or designated area (such as neighborhood  Sachsenhausen in Frankfurt considered a state/province or suburb  in the field of state as text  , I understand this is incorrect in most cases  and , I have identified this issue to the developer and he will put it on a “to be patched” list for the next update.

Thank you for reporting this and sorry it took a while for me to isolate the issue

For general info purposes what I was also looking for was your plugin environment under info tab

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/info-tab-plugin-environment/

Plugin environment, will show the version, the add ons if any, the PHP, MYSQL version,  the WP version,  example what is in my info plugin environment  you can always block out url if needed.

Store Locator Plus®:5.0.5

Experience:5.0.4

Power:5.0.4

Premier:5.1

Site URL:https:/

This Info Cached:1551204785

Network Active:No

WordPress Version:5.1

PHP Version:7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

MySQL Version:5.6.10

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:128M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:2 MB

PHP Post Max Size:750M

arnulf.diegel
    Participant

Thank you for all the work. Can you tell me when the next update is planned?

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that. The developer is deeply involved with scheduled client commitments atm.  He does not have a lot of updates pending as far as  WPSLP issue.  I will see if there is any new information or update with this issue

arnulf.diegel
    Participant

Hello, our client is still not satisfied with that problem and we can’t use the plugin for other clients in Germany if this problem will not be solved 🙁

Roland
    Participant

Hi Arnulf,

that has nothing to do with the software-release. You have to separate the shortcodes like this:

<span id=”slp_bubble_zip”>[slp_location zip suffix ]</span>
    <span id=”slp_bubble_city”> [slp_location city  br]</span><br/>

Note the additional space before the shortcode in the second line. You can see the results on our page https://www.polizei-bw.de/dienststellenfinder

I hope this helps.

Jürgen Bartalis

Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks Jorgen,

Yes, it can be changed if you have the Experience add-on and you can change it in the results layout. Arnulf did not provide the information requested regarding  his Plugin environment  , version etc.

Thank you for providing the correct span for the layout

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Arnulf

Please refer to Jorgens reply above. To change the results layout,  or any of the WPSLP layouts, to add the space, etc you can use the Experience add-on

Cici
    Keymaster

Or you can also just change and add the shortcode in the results layout and save  it, he may also have some other suggestions for you that would not require a purchase.

Cici
    Keymaster

Arnulf, I added a location in Germany recently;  and it appeared correctly  without adding the br in shortcode as long as I entered something in place of the “state” field, if you do not want to modify your layout by adding the br in the shortcode try entering  a comma or anything under the  field “state” . It may be a solution your customer can live with for now

Cici
    Keymaster

I am directing this to the developer, he has a fix in place for SLP 5.2. I revisited your site and it appears correct. Did you recently update SLP?

Thx for following

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.