Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hello. Search on the map is not working now.  It was working well and not sure when it stopped

When a user enters either a zip code or city, state, nothing happens.  I have the Maps/Javascript API in the Google Browser Key box under Map Services, no restrictions.  The page is http://www.ivyjane.com/find-ivy-jane/

The current plugin is version is 5.0 and I am still running the WordPress 4.9.9 if that makes a difference.

If there is any other information you need please let me know.

Thanks for your assistance.

Dave LeBlanc

David
    Participant

My plugin environment is attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David
    Participant

Figured out the problem.

Stupid Google.

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok I was just going to say I visited your site and tyed in 29464 and it came back

BUT…you may end up having an issue down the road with your security no SSL ceet? not htps?

Chrome…amd Google will not allow location sensor to work if site isnt secure.

And as far as WP 4.99….%$*^%( UP Word Press with their security patch, the Bug and defect tickets in the CORE tracker are mounting.  WordPress update broke a ton of plugins and addons and themes. One of our addons allows people to import a text csv file to add hundreds or even thousands of locations at a time and WordPress update rendered those files as now not autgorized. people are going ballistic.

So yeah, stupid google and lots of other big companies.  The developer rolled out his own software subscription service to be used across many platforms , including WordPress, and he did not update to 4.9.99  so that MYSLP service is working great!

they )(&^(*))*%O%(&

David
    Participant

Cici,

I have mention that to the site owner, but so far, no SSL certificate approved. All I can do is keep it going for now.

I was warned to stay away from WP 5.00 by several developers, simply because it’s not ready and you pretty much confirmed that. I have been thinking about upgrading and adding the classic editor plugin, but I think I will wait a bit more.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Dave LeBlanc

chadrogezdesign
    Participant

I too am having trouble with the Plugin not Working.

Plugin: StoreLocatorPlus V 5.0

Wordpress 5.0.1

URL: https://www.jesusisthesubject.org/church-finder/

Initially it pulls data up at the point of origin but will not locate anywhere else queried.

Cici
    Keymaster

@Chad,

Please read the BEFORE POSTING GUIDELINES

as you see by the post that you glommed onto, David fixed his issue. Since you and I do not know his site configuration, all the plugins he is using, the theme, all the various settings, the Google API version or keys he may have, if he has restrictions on his key, if you have Referrer restrictions on your Google MAS Javascript key, if you have the right key in the right place, if your account with Google  is set up differently, if your SLP or WP settings are different, if you have a child theme or non WP theme, if you have a plugin that is breaking Javascript…etc etc etc…..There is no way for you to be able to say me too without providing all the information, including a screenshot of your plugin info.

Please read the Posting guidelines and start a NEW POST....It will also spare David from all the back and forth notifications about this forum topic which I am sure he does not want to see since as he said, he fixed the error he was having.

chadrogezdesign
    Participant

I posted there because the forum will not allow me to make a post! Even after creating an account!

Cici
    Keymaster

@david

WordPress broke any site that did not have  special configuration to actually prevent them from “auto” updating fixing anything…the “security patch” that WordfPress forced on everyone was actually 4.9.99   and the developers got a notice after the fact as a “breaking version” In other words WP knew it was going to break plugins and sites but said it was  a security patch.

Our developer and plugin author has written a few articles and also a work around.

Your plugin environment is showing that you got the WP auto update to 4.9.9

WooCommerce has also reported the issue in their git hub

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues/22208

Cici
    Keymaster

@david

WordPress broke any site that did not have  special configuration to actually prevent them from “auto” updating fixing anything…the “security patch” that WordfPress forced on everyone was actually 4.9.99   and the developers got a notice after the fact as a “breaking version” In other words WP knew it was going to break plugins and sites but said it was  a security patch.

Our developer and plugin author has written a few articles and also a work around.

Your plugin environment is showing that you got the WP auto update to 4.9.9

WooCommerce has also reported the issue in their git hub

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues/22208

David
    Participant

Cici,

Lovely.  I think I will not be updating anything core related for a while. Too many sharks in the water.

P.S. The link on the work around are not working. Getting page not found page. Is it behind the paywall?

Cici
    Keymaster
    Cici
    Keymaster

Does that one work? Maybe I pasted it wrong

David
    Participant

Cici,

Yes, that link worked. Thanks.

Lance made a good find in his patch, explanation  and workaround.  That’s the sign of a darn good coder.

Based on what you sent me and what Lance wrote, I can see why guys like Yoast urged delay, writing that 5.0 was not ready to ship.  Never mind making it better now. It’s just the clean up involved just to get to a production ready, stable release.  That could be months away.  Staying with 4.9.9xxx for now.

Thanks for a great product, the help and insight and most of all, have a Merry Christmas.

Dave LeBlanc

Cici
    Keymaster

David,

Thanks so much for kudos, I  have passed on to Lance, He is hoping to have a patch done this weekend.   If you would be so kind as to leave  a review for us (hoping it is five stars!)  ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org . Higher ratings improves our site presence and positive site presence allows us to continue to improve.  If you do not feel the plug-in warrants  at least a  4 or 5 star rating, please reach out to us via the form  in the  Contact Us, link  and  let us know how we can improve.  

🙂

Cici
    Keymaster

@ chad

I sent you an answer via email and sent you some errors I saw on your site, No idea why you couldn’t post a new post, but who knows. Anything could be happening with all of WordPress crazy updates.  Hope the suggestions provided points you in right direction.

David
    Participant

Cici, left a five star rating a long time ago.  I would add another one if I could, but WordPress won’t let me. 😉

Cici
    Keymaster

Hahaha,,,,,well why didn’t they BREAK that stop gap  measure of stacking the deck functionality?   Thanks for the kudos.

Have a great holiday

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.