Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Results showing incorrectly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

https://www.floeintl.com/dealer-locations/

Running SLP, Experience, Power, Premier (all 5.3.2) on latest version of WP (5.3.2)

Hello again. This is a similar but different issue than one I recently had.

SLP was running fine until I updated to your new versions last week. When any location is entered (using city/state or zip), and a category is selected – the results show dealers from a mix of categories. I have different colored markers for each category, so it’s easy to see that a trailer dealer (black) is not the same as a dock & lift dealer (red). We had a similar problem about a month or so ago where incorrect results would immediately show on iPhones without entering any info. The final solution that fixed the issue was that updates made on your end were not going through, or at least this is how I interpreted your message, <span style=”background-color: #fbfbfb; color: #5a5b5c; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>”The developer updated my CiCi test site to WP 5.3 and now all SLP 5.3 updates are working. I was having trouble updating because my site is on a cluster node server and gateway was timing out before WP could complete the update.”</span>

Maybe this is similar, maybe not? Either way, do you have any idea how I can fix this? Customers are trying to find dealers in their area and the results are incorrect.

Thank you

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not know what versions you are using. Please provide your plugin info.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. Did you fix your server on your end? your site was constantly pinging ours and I believe support sent you an email about it. You would not be able to update Premier if it is pinging us every few minutes. I can check with the developer or you can contact him using SLACK.

Double check to see if Premier is also on 5.3.2

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Cici.
    Christian
    Participant

I listed my versions in the second sentence after my website address. Here they are again: <span style=”background-color: #fbfbfb; color: #5a5b5c; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>Running SLP, Experience, Power, Premier (all 5.3.2) on latest version of WP (5.3.2)</span>

And yes, Premier is running 5.3.2. I had to download it from your site and install just like last time, as it would not auto update.

Checked all my correspondence to/from SLP. Support never sent me an email about the server issue. For whatever reason, the last time this happened was also right after there was a new SLP update – then somehow it started working properly.

Looks like you should put me in touch with the developer. I seem to have a lot of issues with this plugin every time someone makes an update on your end. Then we get it fixed, then an update gets made, then we’re back where we were. Please be sure emails from your developer come to me at graphics@floeintl.com, not cindyg@floeintl.com

Thank you

Cici
    Keymaster

I see an email sent to graphics@floeintl.com in support channel Dec 13 about how many times your site was oinging our server and the duplicate subscription. The developer was on travel that week.

I have asked him to add you to the Charleston SW Slack channel so that he can communicate and explain the situation and walk you through any issues

Cici
    Keymaster

I have spoekn to the developer:
    You have some errors on your site involving js.
    The category selector on Floe international SITE is broken because the JS is broken.
    On your site:
    When we pick a new category from the drop down it is not updating the matching hidden field that SLP uses to tell the server which categories are selected.
    Something else is manipulating/managing form I/O.
    The developers guess is Bootstrap Hover Dropdown is likely , as part of their h-code theme.
    You will need to debug your JS and figure out why the slp-power/js/slp-power_userinterface.min.js is not allowed to control the category drop down interaction.
    If they want to stop minifying the SLP JS they will need to turn WP_DEBUG on (set it to true) in wp-config. SLP uses that to determine when debugging is needed and that includes providing the uncompressed JavaScript which is much easier to debug.

If you need the developer to log-in and do the Troubleshooting that is a separate paid support. I can send you an email from support with the language and requirements to engage the developer to debug and troubleshoot your site.

P.S. the reason you cannot auto update Premier auto udates had to ve blocked as mentioned in the email dated Dec 13, your server is trying to validate the SLP Premier license Server 10x/minute. This indicates there is something not set up correctly with your
    WP environment.

Christian
    Participant

I have set WP_DEBUG to true. Results are still showing incorrectly – selected categories are still not showing correct in results. Seems to just be picking whatever is closest to the search city/state or zip, irresponsive of category.

I also ran a dev test WITHOUT the H-Code theme enabled and ALL plugins disabled except for SLP + Power/Experience/Premier. This means all that was running on the site was SLP. Results were the same. I’ve also clicked on and off every option I can find within your plugins at least 10x to no avail.

Something else is awry. I give up.

Received your email about a developer’s help. I have set up a staging site. Let me know what the next step is to begin working with a developer.

Very curious to see what the solution to this problem is. One last item I must add – and this is VERY important…..the plugin was working just fine before your last update.

Thank you.

Cici
    Keymaster

I have used the exact same settings you are using and have updated my site Premier version to  5.3.2 , using a regular WP theme and cannot reproduce your issues. We have other premier customers who rely heavily on the category selector and no reports of any issues. It is something unique to your site. (Also the premier 5.3.2 update had to be done manually because it only works with WP version 5.3.2 so we did not want to make it an auto update for those people who did not update WP to 5.3.2

If you have a staging/dev site, did you also try it using a standard WordPress theme and not a custom theme?

Paid support select Next Biz day login

Once that is purchased send an email  with login support and provide the staging site url ,  etc. He will not work on live sites so make sure it is exact clone of the site you are having issues with

Christian
    Participant

Yes – as stated in my previous post – I have a staging dev site ready for the developer. And also yes – I tried using a standard WordPress theme & not a custom theme. Thank you for the info on the next step to have a developer look at this. You & I are both confused as to why this isn’t working the way it should & hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.

Christian
    Participant

While doing some last minute testing of my own before I pulled the trigger on assistance from one of your developer’s, I ended up fixing the problem. In settings, I’ve always had “Search Form Style” set to “Base”. I set it to “None” and now the results show as they should. Bizarre. Never had to do this before, but…..IT’S FIXED!

Cici
    Keymaster

Good news , thx for letting us know. It may be something to do with your them, or a WP update  since a lot of themes did updates when WP changed and added CSS in the basic files.  or perhaps the Experience update or Power update or premier update patched something that effected that…dunno but glad it is fixed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Results showing incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.