Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Results Ordering (Alphabetical then by Distance)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    andrew.currie
    Participant

Good Morning,

I’d like to configure my SLP to display the list of locations alphabetically on page load and then after a search is performed from closest to farthest. Under Settings –> Results –> Order Results By, I’ve tried all available options but unable to get the desired results I described.

The configuration I’m looking for would be ‘Name A..Z then Closest to Furthest’, please let me know if anyone has any tips or suggestions for getting my results ordered alphabetically then closest to furthest. If I set the ‘Order Results By’ to ‘Name A..Z’ I get the alphabetical list on page load but the problem is when I do a search the results are still displayed alphabetically and don’t show the locations closest to the search query up top. Thanks!

Best regards,

Andrew Currie

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide your Plugin information
    Provide versions, including the SLP add-ons you may have. Best method to provide this info is to capture a screenshot , under the Info tab , provide your SLP Plug-in environment

Provide the site url page example: htps://mysite/locatoras mentioned in the read this before posting guideline. i.e.

Do you have Power add-on, are you using Location sensor in addition to alphabetical.

If you have Power add-on the way you could accomplish this is to have the results show initially AND ALPHA THEN ONCE A SEARCH IS DONE, FOR INSTANCE BY ZIP CODE IT WILL SHOW CLOSEST TO THAT SEARCH AND THEN ALPHA

without knowing what you are using for add-ons that is the only suggestion I can provide

Cici
    Keymaster

Andrew i spoke to the developer and to do exactly what you want (basically have two different results order by Name then closest) would require him to customize the software. You would need to contact support to see if he has time and schedule to do a customization project for you. So having the power add-on would not give you those exact results unless all the names were the same such as Smith market in different locations. Also for any customization a Premier subscription would be required in addition to customization. He hasnt taken on any customization products recently but if he has time he may be able to provide you price…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Cici.
    andrew.currie
    Participant

Thank you for the follow-up and information!

I was able to resolve this issue by adding a new option to search by name.

Cici
    Keymaster

Great, Thanks for letting us know

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Results Ordering (Alphabetical then by Distance)’ is closed to new replies.