Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Removing Unnecessary Store Locator Plus TM Link

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    andrew.currie
    Participant

Is there anyway to remove the unnecessary Store Locator Plus TM link that’s underneath the ‘Visit Site’ link in the WordPress admin?

Screenshot attached of exactly what I’m referring to. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

The name “Store Locator Plus” is a registered  trademark. as the brand is expanded to not only WP plugin and  it will automatically appear that way in newer versions.

andrew.currie
    Participant

Thank you for the reply Cici and yes I understand that it’s a registered trademark. I just disagree with your companies decision to add a redundant link in the WP admin menu when SLP is already available on the left-hand side.

This is not normal our recommended from a plugin developer’s standpoint. So I suppose modifying the core or adding an admin CSS hack is currently the only way to remove this unnecessary duplicate link, correct?

Cici
    Keymaster

I guess I misunderstood what you were referring to. I thought you were asking to have the trademark symbol removed from the name of the plugin, not having the plugin  navigation button shortcut removed

Is it causing an issue in your  WP admin panel or how something is functioning ? I  do not know how long it has been like that. If I think of it, I will ask the developer next time we have a meeting.

andrew.currie
    Participant

Ok thank you and no it’s not causing an issue it’s just frustrating because I know it’s bad practice and there isn’t any way to correct it via the plugin settings etc. Please do bring this up and offering a toggle to disable this functionality would be great!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Unnecessary Store Locator Plus TM Link’ is closed to new replies.