Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Remote File Retrieval No Longer Importing

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    BooneSesvold
    Participant

Hi Support,

Our Remote File Retrieval is no longer working. We have a CSV file scheduled to import daily at 1:00am. (I know WP cron can be fussy. As long as it imports once a day, that is ideal) The remote CSV file has stopped importing. We have one test location in the CSV so we can track when it imports. However, it has been a few weeks now and it never imports.

The cmod on the folder where the CSV lives and the CSV file itself is set to 775.

We can manually upload a CSV, just fine. Only the file retrieval cron seems to be broken.

I installed My WP-Cron Events to see when the SLP import happens. My WP-Cron doesn’t show/list any SLP activity.

Plugin Environment:
    – Store Locator Plus:4.9.16
    – Power:4.9.15
    – Site URL:http://www.questclimate.com
    – This Info Cached:1528997677
    – Network Active:No
    – WordPress Version:4.9.6
    – PHP Version:7.0.30
    – MySQL Version:5.6.36
    – PHP Limit:768M
    – WordPress General Limit:40M
    – WordPress Admin Limit:768M
    – PHP Peak RAM:16 MB
    – PHP Post Max Size:128M

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

hello Boone thank you for all ths info.

Could you check first to make sure the remote retrieval file is still accessible to the public. With all the changes Google has been making one cannot be sure.

if it is still accessible could you send the link to us via the contact form support and mention this post so we can check it out?

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Morning Cici,

Thank you for getting back to me. The file is accessible through its location URL.

I just sent the link via your contact form.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide or answer on my end.

Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks , received the info we will look into it.

Cici
    Keymaster

on punch list to be fixed , thank you for notifying us.

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Morning Cici,

I saw that the latest Power update included a patch for remote file retrieval. Thank you for including that.

I am now running the latest versions of both SLP (4.9.18) and the Power add on (4.9.17). However, scheduled imports are still not working for me. I have a working file path in the “CSV File URL” field and I have the “Import Schedule” field set to Hourly.

As the import is set to run hourly, I have the “Import Time” field blank.

Are there new instructions on how to get scheduled imports working again?

Cici
    Keymaster

Good question. Not that I am aware of. WordPress cron is not exact, it executes the next time a visitor comes to your site.

Are you a Premier subscriber?

If you are you can check the CRON scheduler function as part of premier

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/viewing-wordpress-scheduled-events/

You would want to be careful about scheduling hourly imports if you are geocoding as well querying Google to geocode. they are charging Geocoding separately from just loading the mmaps.

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I updated to the latest versions last week. The scheduled import hasn’t run yet.

I have the “WP-Cron Status Checker” plugin running to monitor events. I am not seeing an SLP event listed. What is the cron Hook Name for the SLP scheduled import?

I do not have a Premier subscription.

Am I missing a step or is the scheduled import still broken?

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Boone,

Do you see the csv file in the media library? Check to see if your server is preventing the wp-cron.php from being triggered.
    See the article in docs and let me know if that helps

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/power-import-and-wpslp-4-9/

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Hi Cici,

The CSV is not in the media library. I am able to import/upload the file without issue.

However, my problem is that the ‘remote file retrieval’ does not appear to be working.

I want to schedule an import from a folder on our server. The Store Locator Plus plugin is not currently running the cron to automatically import the file on the scheduled times.

Please let me know what information I can provide to get the remote file retrieval working again.

Cici
    Keymaster

Boone,

I do not know if you are missing a step. I know the remote file retrieval was fixed and Lance tested the scheduler but perhaps he did not check off to import hourly because unless there were new locations being added every hour which would indicate someone would have to make changes to the spreadsheet/csv file every 59 minutes he probably wouldn’t be setting that test parameter… you would most likely not see any progress being made. If you set it to At or daily and add a specific time for it to start on your test site is it behaving the way you expect it to?

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/import-remote-file-retrieval/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Boone, one other thing, just checking because we had a customer with a different issue , his was with exporting to a hosted csv, but may be something to check as well.

Did you check to see if Security settings are blocking admin-ajax.php on your server. or if a setting on the server itself is blocking some valid AJAX requests that SLP is using to upload/download the CSV file? Like Sucuri or a proxy server being too aggressive?

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Cici, I really appreciate your help on this!

I only had it set to hourly so I could do faster testing/checking.

I can change the frequency again and test. What is the best/proper time format for the “Import Time” field?

Has the SLP ajax request changed recently? There is nothing with our server that should be blocking that functional request. I am able to upload/import the file from where it lives on the server and have it update the locations list. It is really just the schedule import that isn’t working right now.

Thanks again!

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Boone,
    You might try daily, I have no specific feel for the scheduler as I do not use it and the last time I tried I couldn’t get it to work, so apparently I do not know the secret handshake. The time format would be the 24 hour format the same as what WP CRON uses.

Lance is away on travel for the next couple of weeks and will have limited connectivity , I am not sure if he actually brought his work computer or if he has wifi so he wont be able to check it out at the moment. I will put this back on the radar. I will mention the AJAX. The changelog for Power is here , clcik on the Power product and you will see changelog

https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/product/power/

and release details for the base Plugin is here
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/store-locator-le/#developers

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I wanted to follow up on this ticket. I am running the latest versions of both the core “Store Locator Plus” and “Store Locator Plus – Power” plugins. I am still having the same scheduled import issue I have been having for months now.

I have “WP-Cron Status Checker” plugin running to monitor the various scheduled scripts. I can see the “import_csv” script from SLP scheduled to run. I can even run the cron directly from the WP-Cron plugin. However, the locations in the CSV file never get added into the site.

I can can click the “Import Locations” button, at the bottom of the ‘Remote File Retrieval’ section;  the store locations in my CSV file upload and are added to the list as expected.

Any insight you have into why the the scheduled file retrieval does not run would be appreciated. Also, can the name of my CSV file be anything I want, as long as the ‘CSV File URL’ is a working/accessible link or does that file have to be named “slp_locations.csv?”

Cici
    Keymaster

The name of the url can be anything as long as it is public accessible.   Lance is working with a client who I believe uses remote file retrieval . I will ask him if there are any tricks up his sleeve about this

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thank you for looking into this issue. I would love to have it working again.

Was Lance able to talk with the other client using remote file retrieval? If it is working for them, how do they have it configured?

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Hey Cici,

Do you have an update or were you able to find example configurations to get the remote file retrieval working again?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Boone,

Sorry about that. I did get to speak to Lance. his client does not use the auto import at a specific time, so I was mistaken.  they have unique directories and have support staff who update the directories and import on an as needed basis.  I mentioned to him today  that the WP CRON/ Remote file  was not working  ( he thought he fixed it a few versions ago and has not had an opportunity to test it on other sites) .  Since his is fully engaged with the MYSLP Saas and two other large clients, the patch that needs to be tested and updates to the WP add-ons are behind .

Your csv file url is still publicly active right?  If you want to send us a link via Conact us form I can assign it to him.

BooneSesvold
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I wanted to check in. Did you receive the file I sent via the Contact Us form?

Please provide an update when you have a chance.

Thanks Much.

Cici
    Keymaster

I did see it in the support email. It has been assigned to Lance.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.