Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Participant

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Since upgrade wordpress 4.6, i have a problem :

I can not select something else that “always use” in Radius Behavior, i see only that

Thks for your help

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide your Plugin Environment, see Posting Guidelines

Jonathan
    Participant

Sorry

http://www.toulemondebochart.fr/points-de-vente/

WordPress 4.6

latest version pro pack echance seach and result janitor

I have others problems :

Normaly when i go to this url http://www.toulemondebochart.fr/points-de-vente/ it detect my position and display all locations. Now Nothing.

And i don’t see allsoptions like before upgrade (search)

Jonathan
    Participant

I only this options in my backoffice

See file attached.

Cici
    Keymaster

Stating you have latest releases  does not provide me the information I need to assist you. Often times people think they have the latest release but do not. Always check the versions. . Read what is meant by PLUGIN ENVIRONMENT. Under Info Tab, Plugin environment will show you releases, your PHP, versions add-ons.

The changes in the Radius behavior was updated with SLP 4.5.08 and the Experience Add-on (see documentation)

P.S. ProPack and all  Enhanced add-ons are legacy and will not be updated. See FAQ to compare newer add-on that replaces them.

As far as detecting your location that has nothing to do with detecting your location that is part of the location sensor. So me browsers do not ask if you want your location shared. Google Chrome browser updated this with version 50, Unless your site is https (secure) they will nto allow your location to be shared. This is also happening now with some versions of Safari

Read about location sensor in our documentation

Also read Googles description of the same.

Geolocation refers to the identification of the geographic location of a user or computing device via a variety of data collection mechanisms. Typically, most geolocation services use network routing addresses or internal GPS devices to determine this location. Geolocation is a device-specific API. This means that browsers or devices must support geolocation in order to use it through web applications.”

Jonathan
    Participant

Hi,

I’m sorry but i don’t understand, i paid for each addons (search, result, janitor, propack)

I replaces each addons

Before update, i could change radius behavior, it was fixe in “do not use” i don’t want to see it in my website.

Also many options have disappeared in my back office, example : i can’t change “find shop” button anymore. i could to do that before and many options.

Many options miss for the Search Addons

See file attached for check versions and other fil to check my account

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

You can roll back your SLP version from your back-up files  to the version of SLP plugin at the  time you purchased your add-ons.

If you do not have a back up of your site and wish to downgrade SLP go to this link

We cannot reverse engineer Store Locator Plus to work with outdated add-ons.

SLP prefers to  move forward same as WordPress does. The developer cannot keep every single version of 20 add-ons  working  with outdated code so he made the decision to move forward for improvement of the product. (article about future updates ) As always you can request a coupon to off set your cost.

Option is to upgrade to Power or Experience Add-ons, and request a discount by taking the hosting survey.

Jonathan
    Participant

I bought SLP and Addons in 2014.

I don’t understand, you tell me that my addons is not compatible with WordPress 4.6? if yes, why i have downgrade SLP? if my addons are not compatible with WordPress 4,6?

I understand SLP prefers to move forward but i paid for each addons. It’s not okay to tell me to pay an upgrade ($ 250) for this to work. Are you sure that it works with these upgrades?

Thank you

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S.  Our test with SLP 4.6.1 and  ENHANCED SEARCH 4.3.03 we can still seethe drop down menu  it still shows  Radius behavior as “Do not use”, “always use” and “use on search”, etc.,  so you might have something else going on, it is under EXPERIENCE/SEARCH…RADIUS BEHAVIOR

It may have shown you check boxes before.

But I just noticed you are using a different language, French?  We  are using the English version and everything works EXACTLY the same as before, You may need to translate the Radius behavior tab , we are not updating the old add-on translation files.  WP and WPML changed the way translation files were loaded and are now using gettext

Find out how to contribute to translations,  etc

help WPML get text files

Countries and Languages and Updates

If you wish to contribute by translating the Experience Add-on please contact support to see if the French version is already translated. That may be a way for you to get the upgrade you need.

Jonathan
    Participant

Thank you very much

I disabled and actived Wpml plugins (string translation too) and problems fixed

I will test each options

is It really important to upgrade to experience add-ons? what is the real difference? it’s possible to have a discount?

Thks

Cici
    Keymaster

Read the Experience Add-on description and documentation to see what changes were made. You can request a coupon at the end of the Hosting survey if you choose to take that survey. Home page, in footer under premium members.

Most software does not stay stagnant for 2 years. There have been many many updates and version releases over the past two years. For instance, there was a required update because of the WP update that changed the way the language translations were handled. SLP stays current with the latest WP updates. See the  changelog about the 4.6 releases under Info and News

Jonathan
    Participant

In fact your plugin is not fully compatible with WPML STRING TRANSLATION.

I had the sames problems.

I tested with EXPERENCE. It’s the same problem.

If i deactived WPML String translation, it’s ok.

It’s really a big problem for us.

Jonathan
    Participant

Other problem

When i wrote a city and click of the button : “Find Locations”

The map no zoom. SEE FILE ATTACHED PLEASE

I reset option with JANITOR

I bought EXPEREINCE

Jonathan
    Participant

i fix my last problem about the result

I have always problem about WPML STRING TRANSLATION conflict with your plugin

Cici
    Keymaster

I cannot tell what that pic is supposed to show me, I cant test it  based on a screen shot. Is zoom still an issue for you?

Understand about WPML:  The developer has been working with the WPML team for years on improving the process.  I think he had that discussion with you years ago. Is the conflict with the Core (free) Store locator Plus or are you referring to Add-Ons?

The “Add-on ” Language files may need  to be translated . If you do translate them and  send to the author , it can be  updated in the next release and you will not have to worry about it anymore .  We request international users to send us their translation files so that we can include them.

He  recently updated the Experience and Power Add-ons for German and Dutch Translation files.  Instructions are in the plugin LocoTranslate and also In our  Documentation. (we prefer Loco translate)  (see screenshot)

As mentioned , if you contribute you can earn perks towards add-ons. For instance, if you translate Experience Add-on to French and want an update to the Power add-on we will send you Power. So on and so forth.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Jonathan
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for my english

When “Wpml String translation” is actived, i have not alls option in EXPERIENCE

See files attached

Cici
    Keymaster

Jonathan

See my answer in above Post.

You may need to translate the EXPERIENCE ADD-ON.   The EXP add-on po . mo. files are updated by users sending  their translation files . Lance will then upload it for next release.  Basically the  answer he gave you 2 years ago.

WPML updates to gettext explained

The BASE PLUGIN is translated via   WordPress  and you can contribute there that is why you see translations when you turn off the Experience ADD-ON..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.