Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Premier subscription not working?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

I’m not sure that Premier is really working properly. I don’t have multiple Loading Indicator or Plugin Style options, for example.

Screenshot 1 shows the instructions under My Account on wordpress.storelocatorplus.com. Screenshot 2 shows where I pasted the User ID and the Subscription ID, as well as the message that seemingly indicates there is a problem with my Premier installation.

Cici
    Keymaster

Try typing in instead of copy and paste.

Are you using the id on totally different urls?
    You should send the private info such as your account id via email under contat us. We appreciate you using the forums but do not want to see your subscription compromised. Thx

Cici
    Keymaster

p.S I deleted those screenshots.

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks. I tried typing in the ID numbers instead of copying and pasting. Same message (“License for user subscription is not in a valid format.”)

Also, yes, I’m using the same ID on two different URLs (kentfeeds.com and blueseal.com). These are both part of a multisite installation (the with domain kentnutritiongroup.com) but the plugin is not network activated — it’s activated on each site separately.

Cici
    Keymaster

Please post just a screen shot of your Plugin environment which can be found under the info tab so that I can ask the developer to weigh in. (Not the general admin tab with private info.) I am trying to get him to look at it today before he travels out of the area (we are under a hurricane warning and expect to lose power over next couple of days)

Cici
    Keymaster

Are you using a minify plug-in such as Smush? That is a known conflict with SLP. If you use the WP debugger do you see any errors in the log? If so can you send the debug error log that pertains to SLP? Make sure you do not have any spaces in front of your Premier subscription number or id.

Cici
    Keymaster

I have visited both sites and they seem to be working properly. When the developer has some time he will try to look into it and will provide some insight.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hey Kevin,
    I tested your premier subscription user Id and Premier subscription number and it came back as valid with no errors. This indicates one of two things:

1)Either you have entered it in wrong with a character
    or your server is blocking all communication to our server which is required to validate the license.
    I am guessing since you entered manually it is the latter, your server is blocking communication with our server.

Cici
    Keymaster

The first one Image

About your server configuration”
    contact your Network admin person

to troubleshoot yourself, it depends on what level permissions you have but you can check if you are using a Proxy server, there are many articles on the net about this: example

https://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/internet-connection-problem-proxy-settings/

I am not Network IT savvy but I have been able to change via control panel and white list certain sites.

I do now your particular set-up and that is beyond the scope of my help for this Plug-in.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. I could not see your screenshots, they were embedded with script…

Kevin
    Participant
    Cici
    Keymaster

It could be, the security settings may be over zealous, you should contact them and ask.

Kevin
    Participant

What exactly am I supposed to ask them?

Cici
    Keymaster

Just explain to them that the security llevel is over zealous and to look into why your site cannot communicate with the SLP plugin

contact their support, either through WP engine or Cloudflare they should be able to walk you through it. We cannot do anything on our end.

Cici
    Keymaster

I Do not use WP engine and found the help page easily by searching their site here ya go

https://wpengine.com/support/7-steps-front-end-optimization/

on the bottom clcik on the link for support, this may also be a solution for your exports timing out to, their are many articles on how to optimize the configuration. You really need a developer or IT person or netowrk administrator to help you if this is above your skill set. I am sorry but I am none of those and I cannot help you with your server configuration, I can only provide you suggestions as to what might be going on with your site since you are using WordPress self managed plugin solutions

Kevin
    Participant

I’m okay with contacting Support for WPE, but what I was asking is if you can give me specifics to ask about. Saying that my site “cannot communicate with the SLP plugin” isn’t going to get me very far. And if I explain that I’m seeing an error (“License for user subscription is not in a valid format”) on the settings panel for a plugin, they’ll most likely tell me to talk with Support for that particular plugin.

I’m not asking you to solve a server issue, I just want to know if you can provide me with a specific problem that WPE might be able to solve. For example, if you believe the problem is related to the PHP version, I can ask them to adjust that. (I don’t really think that’s the problem, it’s just an example.)

If you don’ t know and don’t have a way for me to find out (like specific error messages to look for in logs), that’s fine.  I just need to know that before I approach my server support team.

Thank you for your help.

Kevin
    Participant

Is there a specific feature or method that’s required during the “communication with the SLP plugin”? Or maybe an IP address that could be whitelisted, etc.?

Kevin
    Participant

Oh BTW, I checked and confirmed that Cloudflare is only being used for DNS (no CDN or other features).

Kevin
    Participant

WP Engine support was able to get the message I referenced above (“License for user subscription is not in a valid format”) to go away by Network-activating the plugin, rather than activating on each site individually.

However, we are now seeing a different message:  “Please purchase a Store Locator Plus Premier Subscription to license your add ons for a multisite installation.” I have verified that the Premier User ID and the Premier Subscription ID are both entered correctly.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Kevin.
    Kevin
    Participant

Still needing help on this, please… Scheduled imports from CSV apparently are not happening.

Cici
    Keymaster

After doing whatever it is they did. Did you try to Reinstall the plugins Manually? We honestly have never had anyone have this kind of a problem with their subscription. And we have had a few new customers purchase their subscriptions in August.

Scheduled imports, make sure you have WPCRON working and that the files are accessible.

I have asked the developer to check the scheduled imports.

Cici
    Keymaster

Do you have a Network Admin person? There are settings for the master site ,like the premier subscription ids, that apply across all subsites.

if WP engine changed that setting , that indicates they think you are running multisite

There are advanced settings when you do that you need to know and it completely changes the db structure

Please review the WP info about multisite network

This is above and beyond our support.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Kevin — if WPE is network activating your SLP plugin then I’m going to assume you are running WordPress Multisite.      I don’t see any indication of that above and it is an important piece of information.

Your Premier License must be licensed on the primary site of a multisite install.     This is typically the FIRST site in your site list, but can be changed via wp-config.   If you are using multisite you should know which site is the primary Blog ID.  Adding that information on a subsite will not work for validating the license.

As far as communication with the SLP license server,  you can ask @WPE to check that standard web requests are working between your WordPress install and this URL:  https://wordpress.storelocatorplus.com/wp-json/wp-dev-kit/v1/license/validate/slp-premier/999/8888

This can be tested from within your PHP environment with a simple PHP script that uses a curl or file get contents operation.

That said, it is very unlikely WPE is blocking communication to any external URLs.    If you go to the Store Locator Plus info tab and are seeing “Latest News” with August 2019 dates then the problem is not likely blocked communications via a firewall.   The issue is most likely an incorrectly typed subscription ID or setting it in the wrong place on a multisite install.

Kevin
    Participant

THANK YOU!

We are indeed using a multisite installation (I mentioned that in the comment from September 2nd above). We have three sites on that installation — two that use SLP and one that does not. We had tried entering the subscription info in each of the sites that use SLP but had never tried putting that info in the one that doesn’t use it…. THAT WORKED!

I think there are some really great things about your plugin. We’ve actually used it for the past seven years or so on our previous websites. But the documentation could definitely use some help. There are many links that lead to 404 errors, even from the plugin dashboard. Also, I would think what you just outlined for me should be in a document called “Multisite installations” or similar. I’m guessing we aren’t alone in this problem.

That said, I’m a fan of the plugin and I appreciate both your help and Cici’s help. I appreciate the dedication to solving this problem.

We still can’t export locations and we’re seeing several “blank locations” showing in the Locations List tab, but we’ll work on those in the proper forum posts, I assume.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,
    I had reported the broken links in the back end that go to the docs and now that Lance had
    a break in his busy schedule , he was able to find the problem with one of the WordPress updates and dedicate some time to fix them. They should be working now. The documentation is a little bit more complicated now that there are two different products using the docs site.
    If there is something that you see that needs to be updated let me know. I try to update the documentation when I see the issue. We will take your suggestion and add a Multisite info page.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.