Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Plugin breaking Divi backend

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vincent
    Participant

Hi there,

I am running Divi 2.7.3 and Store Locator Plus 4.4.37 and Store Locator Plus:Pro Pack 4.4.04 on a WordPress 4.5 installation at http://www.lacumbrebrewing.com

I noticed today and have confirmed it is the store locator plugins, when I go to access specific “Pages” or “Posts” in the backend of WP, I get a 500 Internal Server Error. The list of pages loads, but individual pages return the error.

I have confirmed this because when I deactivate the  Store Locator Plus plugin and that plugin alone then the error no longer occurs. I am working around it currently by deactivating the plugin, making my changes to the pages, and then reactivating the plugin, but this is not ideal.

Help please?

Vincent
    Participant

I reverted back to the legacy version of Divi 2.3.4, and the issue no longer occurs. I can’t say whether a fresh install of Divi 2.7.3 would necessarily have the above happen, so just FYI I guess

Cici
    Keymaster

Vincent, There are a ton of articles currently on WP support forums about the WP 4.5 and why jquery is breaking g.  Divi is one of the known issues

SLP is not broken.   SLP uses extensive javascript, so Anything that stops javascripts from loading will break SLP.

This  article and BLOG Why WP 4.5 breaks Jquery and how it effects SLP: explains what is happening in the WP world and why people should request their plugins or Themes to update to use new Jquery versions  has been published by the SLP Author.  There is a tutorial video on how to check which plugin has the wrong jscript

WP 4.5  support: Master List of KNOWN CONFLICTS and Plugin and Themes ISSUES

Elizabeth
    Participant

When I go to add my locations in the Store Locator Plus, the screen with the fields to add locations keep getting hidden and shrunk into a tiny little window at the top and I can’t add new locations…is this related to the latest update?

Cici
    Keymaster

@

Elizabeth

Could you provide your plugin Environment when posting in the forums? (See Posting guidelines)It helps us assist you.

Make sure you have the current version of SLP.  The Javascript issues in reply to the above post  are on the front end , i.e what  visitors to your site search, it doesn’t effect the back end or UI where you add locations to my knowledge. Make sure you have number of locations per page display on UI set to a reasonable number that your server can handle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.