Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus 'only_with_category' not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dale
    Participant

I’m doing some web work for a client who uses this plugin. They had the tagalong extension plugin which we had to update to the power pack. Even though we have both plugins enabled, adding ‘only_with_category’ to the shortcode doesn’t affect the results at all, the argument is just ignored.

Is there any reason that this might happen?

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide your Plugin environment (under INFO/PLUGINENVIRONMENT)  and a screenshot of what you are trying to do,  Please read the posting guidelines for the information  required to best assist you

If you are trying to add shortcodes to the results layout you will need Experience add-on

Dale
    Participant

I attached a screenshot of the plugin environment. It is running on my development server so has an irregular domain.

The problem is that I’m executing the shortcode “[[SLPLUS only_with_category=’my-category’]]” in my page template, but when I perform a location search it instead returns results from any category. The ‘only_with_category’ argument is being ignored.

It’s hard to demonstrate this with a screenshot, but I’ve attached a screenshot of the results that are being returned. With the icon markers on the right, you can see that some locations belong the multiple categories, but the search itself is not filtering as the first result belongs only to one category that isn’t present in the third result.

Cici
    Keymaster

There has been an update  to SLP and Experience 4.7.4, the developer found a bug when customers updated from Legacy to the newer add-ons, in some cases, SLP  stored settings for those legacy add-ons in the plugin in settings database (WP Options table).

I do not know if this is what may effect you without having a site url to look at or to check your settings.  You can also check by downloading the free SLP  Janitor and use the tools, settings to see what is called or if your settings reverted back, saved etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.