Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Only 1 search result and several jquery errors.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

Issue:

Only 1 result shows up even though all results are pushed back by plugin. Also a jquery error occurs in the slp.js file in this line:

jQuery( ‘#slp_results_wrapper_’ + markerListNatural[markerNumber].id ).on(

TypeError: jQuery(…).on is not a function

Any assistance would be great.

Cici
    Keymaster

Cant help without seeing your Plugin Environment per the Posting Guidelines. No idea what versions you are using

George
    Participant
    Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Something on your site is forcing jQuery 1.5.

Store Locator Plus requires the WordPress standard jQuery , or at least version 1.7 or higher.

One of the core contributors, a member of the plugin review team, and a very talented plugin developer describes the issue better than I can here:

https://pippinsplugins.com/why-loading-your-own-jquery-is-irresponsible/

In short, the other developers are doing something that is very much frowned upon and not a good idea when building WordPress apps.

George
    Participant

That was an interesting read and not surprising that many custom theme creators don’t follow standard procedures when creating themes. Given the read and your advice, I went in and viewed the source code of theme and found that it follows the standard Jquery (function) calls, but a Slider Plugin does not. When deactivating that particular plugin and loading up use google libraries plugin, it all works as needed. Looks like I’ll need to find a new slider plugin that doesn’t use its own version of jquery.

Thanks again.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Thanks for letting us know:

If you like Store Locator Plus please leave a ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org. A huge thank you from Lance and his fellow code geeks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.