Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus No space between City and ZIP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mox
    Participant

Hello,

we are using the self hosted plugin version of Store Locator Plus. In our frontend display, there’s no space between the city and zip code and we don’t know how to fix this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Max

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide your SLP plugin environment when posting (see forum posting guidelines)

Look through different plugin styles to find one that matches your desired results view.

To change the results layout or to add CSS requires the experience add-on or premier

mox
    Participant

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not providing the SLP plugin environment info, here it is:

Store Locator Plus™:4.9.18
    Site URL:http://www.kurant.at
    This Info Cached:1538133418
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.9.8
    PHP Version:5.6.36-1+wpengine16
    MySQL Version:5.6.41
    PHP Limit:512M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:512M
    PHP Peak RAM:44 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:100M

Plugin Style is “A Gallery Style”, Locator Style is Brewery. Changing the locator style does not solve the problem, it occurs with any locator style.

Cici
    Keymaster

Somehow your layout or the way you entered the info is incorrect; I fixed it within the element itself  by adding the space such as this:

<span class=”slp_result_address slp_result_citystatezip”>Wels 4600</span>

whereas you have for example <span class=”slp_result_address slp_result_citystatezip”>Braunau am Inn5280</span>

with no spaces. That is not coming from SLP, it is either entered incorrectly in your back end or your theme is taking over.

as you can see  the postal code it is not entered on a separate line in your address above.  If you could Show us  the back end  with a screenshot of either one of those addresses so we can see how they are populated on the back end  under what headings. Do you have the zip code on a separate line in its own field or were they copied and pasted or imported with geocodes i.e. lat and long already  so they wouldn’t have to be geocoded. ?  The reason I am asking is because you have a Google geocoding API error on your site which means they would not geocode properly using that key. This leads me to believe someone may have been trying to work around by copying and pasting perhaps?  I clicked on those element in your result, using “inspect and they are not set up correctly yet I can fix them easily. If you use any browser tools, right click on the results box and inspect and you will see how your elements are set up..  You will also see this ERROR on your site, your project is not authorized to use that geocoding key

Geocoding Service: This API project is not authorized to use this API.  For more information on authentication and Google Maps JavaScript API services please see: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

_.Ec @ js?libraries=geometry&language=de&region=AT&key=AIzaSyCe0GGfvwmEJge_Sv9LfQi8JFQB3121NEw&ver=4.9.18:49

mox
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

I switched to the WP standard theme (Twenty Seventeen) and this did not change anything, so I guess it’s not a theme related problem.

Here’s a screenshot of one of the locations:

https://imgur.com/a/YKqZEj9

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by mox.
    Cici
    Keymaster

When I look at your site, your stacktheme is over riding those elements and how they display. It is not SLP. SLP plugin styles have not changed. You can try different styles to find one that fits your theme but if you need to Add CSS to a style to fit in with your theme requires the experience addom

the other error  on your site indicates you are not authorized to use the geocoding key.

This has been a requirement since Google changed their policies back in June of this year and made them effective immediately by sept. No  more grace period. We have been writing posts in news and docs site about this for the past 5 months

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/google-map-services/

You will need to delve into that and add the project as instructed.  I have no more guesses as to why your format is not showing the way mine is if you changed your theme and your plugin style to the defaults. All I can swee is what is shown on your site and it is the stacktheme

mox
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for your answers. That’s a strange problem. To further test this, I just made a completely new and fresh WP installation at WPEngine. I did not change or add anything expect these things:

• I installed the Store Locator Plus plugin
    • I added shortcode “[SLPLUS]” to the sample page and made the sample page the starting page.
    • I added one location: https://imgur.com/a/eo141tA

Again, I did not install any theme or other plugins, still the same error occurs, here’s the live link: http://cftest21.wpengine.com/

So it seems stacktheme has nothing to do with this. I’d be more than happy to purchase an addon to solve this problem, but I’m not sure if this would help here.

Plugin Env Info:

Store Locator Plus™:4.9.19
    Site URL:http://cftest21.wpengine.com
    This Info Cached:0
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.9.8
    PHP Version:5.6.36-1+wpengine16
    MySQL Version:5.6.41
    PHP Limit:512M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:512M
    PHP Peak RAM:33 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:100M

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by mox.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi I spoke to the developer about this.  And as I was  describing he screenshot you provided it dawned on me that you do not have any states.

The results layout as it currently is  reflects the text as all one line with no spaces, so it is looking for the state entry

<span class=”slp_result_address slp_result_citystatezip”>

In your case you do not have a state. The results  displayed are stripping out the comma and the space where the state normally would be.  I have identified the issue to the developer.  I have no time table of when he would be able to add a plugin style to reflect a no state situation.

If you need an immediate fix  , you seem to have the knowledge  to be able  to  change the layouts.  For you to get a more  immediate solution would require   the experience add-on so that you could change the layout.  This was not done intentionally, just hadn’t had this particular issue brought to our attention.

The results layouts can be changed  with the shortcodes and attributes as shown here

I apologize for leading you down a rabbit hole when the screenshot you provided us clearly showed the locations as having no “state” and that should have been my first clue instead of jumping to the your themes overriding conclusion.

Let me know if after reviewing the Results Layout shortcodes documentation if there is any confusion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘No space between City and ZIP’ is closed to new replies.