Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support MySQL CPU through the roof

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    web17
    Participant

Hello,

Today, approx. 4 hours ago, our website started consistently crashing and slowing down. Upon further inspection, the MySQL process is running anywhere between 100%-300%, and looking at the logs, there appears to be a new issue (starting only a couple of minutes before UptimeRobot notified us the site went down for the first time) to do with WordPress database errors, Duplicate entry for key ‘PRIMARY’ for query UPDATE ‘wp_slp_extendo’

I hadn’t heard or seen “extendo” before, and when I searched the phrase in the error logs (which go back a couple of months), it starts today, 4 hours ago (from the time of writing this). We’re getting around 5-6 of these errors every minute, and it has completely slowed the server.

Please help and please advise on what we can do in order to solve this issue.

Thanks

URL in question is https://www.thesocialweed.com/ (although I wouldn’t be surprised if it timed out and didn’t load, given the state of the server at the moment).

We’re using the latest updates of all the SLP plugins:
    Janitor – 4.9
    SLP – 4.9.19
    Experience – 4.9.17
    Power – 4.9.20
    Premier – 4.9.17

Below I’ll add the error message in our server logs:

2018/10/05 00:13:28 [error] 32026#32026: *192539 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: WordPress database error Duplicate entry '3354' for key 'PRIMARY' for query UPDATEwp_slp_extendoSETid= '3354',sl_id= '3408',featured= NULL,rank= NULL,marker= NULL,woo_products= NULL WHEREsl_id` = ‘3408’ made by require_once(‘wp-load.php’), require_once(‘wp-config.php’), require_once(‘wp-settings.php’), do_action(‘init’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SLP_Actions->init, do_action(‘slp_init_complete’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SLP_Power_Pages->do_when_slp_ready, SLPlus_BaseClass_Object::get_instance, SLPlus_BaseClass_Object->__construct, SLP_Power_Pages_Global->initialize, SLP_Power_Pages_Global->flush_permalinks, SLP_Power_Pages_Global->update_location_pages_urls, SLPlus_Location->MakePersistent, SLPlus_Location->make_extended_data_persistent, SLP_Data_Extension->update_data
    PHP message: WordPress database error Duplicate entry ‘3354’ for key ‘PRIMARY’ for query UPDATE wp_slp_extendo SET id = ‘3354’, sl_id = ‘3408’, featured = NULL, rank = NULL, marker = NULL, woo_products = NULL WHERE sl_id = ‘3408’ made by require_once(‘wp-load.php’), require_once(‘wp-config.php’), require_once(‘wp-settings.php’), do_action(‘init’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SLP_Actions->init, do_action(‘slp_init_complete’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SLP_Power_Pages->do_when_slp_ready, SLPlus_BaseClass_Object::get_instance, SLPlus_BaseClass_Object->__construct, SLP_Power_Pages_Global->initialize, SLP_Power_Pages_Global->flush_permalinks, SLP_Power_Pages_Global->update_location_pages_urls, SLPlus_Location->MakePersistent, SLPlus_Location->make_extended_data_persistent, SLP_Data_Extension->update_data
    PHP message: WordPress database error Duplicate entry ‘3346’ for key ‘PRIMARY’ for query UPDATE wp_slp_extendo SET id = ‘3346’, sl_id = ‘3412’, featured = NULL, rank = NULL, marker = NULL, woo_products = NULL WHERE sl_id = ‘3412’ made`

Cici
    Keymaster

We have not updated or changed anything. wp_slp_extendo  has always been in the code as part of the SLP core base plugin for over 4 years.

Somehow, , thru an update, or a restore or migration,  or  manipulation you have messed  up your database structures and data somehow.    I.e. circumventing SLP CSV Import or direct manipulation of the database or moving stuff between servers without resetting the proper meta data  that SLP uses to keep track of things like “what is the highest # location used so far”.

A proper staging => live migration using the right tools will NOT cause that.

You “might ” be able to use Janitor  to do the extended data cleanup  .   Nobody really  uses it as the best option in these cases is delete all the SLP tables, re-install/activate SLP to have it recreate them and reload the location data.

You MUST have the location data elsewhere — (the original server maybe )– because this doesn’t just happen on its own.

your  best option? Delete all the SLP tables and re-install from scratch. Your  data is completely out of sync now.

whomever did a data dump or  manual data dumps and restores but decided to skip the entire wp_options table and thus relevant SLP metadata is going to create this situation and be totally screwed up.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S You posted back in April that you had Forceload Javascript because of your theme, we reached out to ask you if you had ever resolved that issue?

Forceload Javascript will also break SLP . See Troubleshooting guide.

Cici
    Keymaster

Is all resolved  now? Revisited your site and it appears to be loading correctly.

web17
    Participant

Hi,

I restored a backup taken on the same day (but before the issue started) and all appears to be working again… I still don’t know why the issue happened though, as my team assured me no one had made any changes that day.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘MySQL CPU through the roof’ is closed to new replies.