Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Multiple SLP maps restricted to 1 Country

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dick
    Participant

I am trying to create isolated locators for specific countries. These locators would be restricted to only addresses and locations within that country.

I’ve tried several shortcodes to make this work, but nothing works correctly. None of the shortcodes seem to work at all. Do you have a guide I’m missing on how to do this effectively? I’m using https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/slplus-shortcode-options/#more-585 as a shortcode guide to what to implement, but getting no results.

Please instruct how to do so.

Cici
    Keymaster

Could you take a screen shot of your plugin and provide the WordPress info requested per the posting guidelines, all the shortcodes are working for me so I am not sure where you are putting them.   You cannot have the forceload Javascript checked off or they wont work.

Don’t forget your maps are pulling from the same locations in the location manager and the radius and search settings etc will effect all the results.

There are a few different ways you can achieve your results depending what you are trying to ultimately do .  You could use the directory Landing page feature as well

I have a few locator pages for a couple of countries , I use the shortcode SLPLUS center map at =

such as [SLPLUS center_map_at=”Brisbane,Australia”]

and then lower the distance under results  for the radius search so that when on that page you will have the results within the distance and have the results be closest farthest.

See https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/results-order-by-display/

We do not have a mulit- map function where you can change the settings per each map page.

You can also use  Widgets on your search page to direct to the different countries or cities.  But if you are having a problem with shortcodes working you are either using them incorrectly or you have a plugin, theme  interfering or the forceload javascript setting on.

Dick
    Participant

Thanks for the response!

Force Load Java is turned off.

We tried the directory landing page format you provided – and it’s closer to what we want.

Everything seems like my shortcode functionality should work, but isn’t. We must be missing something. I’ve included several screenshots. One is plugins page with active SLP plugins. Then the code and the map displaying incorrectly.

Cici
    Keymaster

You do not do everything with just shortcodes alone, there are built in settings that need to be turned on. For instance, the Experience Add-on Settings for discrete search must be on. (P.s Experience has an update to 4.7.1 as well, see versions )

A) From the settings under the Experience tabs, set the default radius to something HUGE, next
    turn on “discrete search unless address input”

and/or

B) use the shortcode options in ADDITION to what you have set initial radius via shortcode attribute
    set center map at via shortcode attribute but
    DISCRETE still needs to be turned on in your global setting

C) some combination of the above to get your desired outcome

See the documentation site about how Store Locator Plus  search and results and radius  behavior  work.  If you do NOT turn on discrete settings then it will look for the first X places within your given radius from the center of the map.  With Premier there are even more options such as Directory list by states

This is a very robust plugin with the Premier,Power,Experience add-ons. There are a lot of different settings and combinations to get the desired effect.  Premier is for advanced users, and should contain everything you need. It is difficult to write the documentation for each case scenario since there are over 20,000 sites using the base Store Locator Plus plugin and over 10,000 more using it with combination of add-ons at any given moment. Most are developing or publishing unique sites.

I am trying to add more and more documentation, some people get confused by too much and others complain not enough. Best is to use keywords, Ive tried to add as many tags to search by as possible. , There is a tag list on teh side menu of the docs site as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.