Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Make old SLP close to new SLP?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

We are in the process of completely changing our site http://www.floeintl.com (click on “find a dealer”). Currently, we have version 4.5.09 installed and it works perfect for our needs, as management has many narrow parameters set for what they want a store locator (in our case, a “dealer locator”) to do. In addition, also have Multi Map, Enhanced Search, and Pro Pack installed on the current site. The problem is, the new site does not support the old version, so I had to buy the latest version of SLP & SLP Power and install them on the soon-to-be launched dev site https://www.floeinternational-dev.com (also click on “find a dealer”). I’ve gotten many items as close as possible to all the old version’s parameters, but not everything. The new version does not seem to have the same outdated flexibility as 4.5.09 – or does it? Would adding “SLP Experience” or some other plugin solve the last three issues I’m having with the latest version of SLP?

1. We have 4 main product lines, which are expanding to 6 soon. Multi Map allowed me to create more than one map setting that I could assign to specific dealers with even narrower parameters. Is there any way I can still do this?

2. Is there any way I can avoid a drop down menu to show our different products? Management wants our products listed in a visible list, or set up as you see that I did on the current site – as separate buttons.

3. Is there any way I can hide the “Distance” field and associated “miles” buttons on the new version?

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi christian,

Unfortunately, as you my have found out on your WP site, many plugins were disabled with the WP auto update 4.8.2. The developer had to patch and release new versions to work with the last two WordPress auto updates which basically made backwards compatibility difficult if not impossible unless you also rolled back old versions of WP, but there was no guarantee.  We never auto update but if you are on WP they do.  It’s the nature of the beast. .  Over the years the core plug-in has been updated to use SMART options and the decision was made to minimize the number of plug-ins.  Check the News about these Updates

Multi- map was a third party add-on that stopped working and the developer of that add-on stopped upgrading most of the third party add-ons. Multi Map was discontinued and no longer sold since its author abandoned it.

1) The experience add-on allows for CSS as well as layout variations and settings.  You can achieve  the same results using the shortcodes on a page, such as “only with =”  Please see other  shortcodes and Layout info on Docs site.

2) The Premier subscription allows you to display buttons and check boxes for categories instead of a drop down, Premier also has a lot of additional features and functionality that does not exist within the separate add-on framework.  If you are also going to purchase Experience add-on and  need the Power  , Premier is the best value.

3) yes, the Experience add-on allows you to hide radius. 

The Experience add-on also allows you to tweak the Results layout to eliminate distance on the results.

I do not see any orders in the system for power, last order  placed by your name or the company was in 2015. If  you do decide to purchase premier, you can forward a copy of your Power purchase to support contact us. If your Power purchase is recent they may be able to provide you a discount to upgrade to Premier.

Christian
    Participant

Thanks, Cici – this helps a great deal. I’m having an outside firm create the new site, so they will (or already have) buy the Premier version and I’ll go from there. Thanks again for your help and advice.

dewasbach
    Participant

Hello Cici,

I am working with the firm which redesigned the corporate website for Christian’s company.  Can we get a refund of the POWER subscription we ordered and just have a new Premier Subscription ordered today for their project?  If they place the order that way, it will remain under their account with your company and be easier to support moving forward.

-Dewey Asbach

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok,  I will let support team know the two of you are working together. Also, just so you guys know. Whomever the uber tech person is, they might want to request (through support ) that person to be added to the #talkaboutSLP Slack channel. That is where Lance, the developer of SLP and MYSLP ,resides. He often can answer any of the more technical questions when he is on the channel , time permitting.  He often will add the beta zip iles before they are released to be used on staging sites, which speeds up the testing process.

Just a thought.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.