Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    laurence
    Participant

Hi there,

I like your plugin, but it has progressively become more broken over time. I’m having the following problems:

• The search facility is very fussy and doesn’t seem to work very well – does it only search specific address fields?
    • Once an unsuccessful search shows ‘no locations found’, you can’t go back to showing all the locations without refreshing the page
    • No label shows up in the search results to indicate which contact number you’re looking at e.g. Tel:, Fax:, Cell: etc.
    • No email addresses are displayed in results at all
    • Description area doesn’t show up in the search results, only on the map
    • It’s not responsive and squeezes the results to the left when you make your browser window narrower.
    • This error shows on the top of the page – Notice: Undefined property: SLP_Admin_General::$addon in /home/sureinv7/public_html/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/include/base_class.object.php on line 41

You can visit the page to test it here: http://www.3at1.co.za/locate-a-store/

Web page screenshot and plugins screenshot attached. I’m not sure how to generate a debug log?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

The developer is working through some issues created by the recent WP 4.9 and SLP 4.9 updates.  Unfortunately the screenshot of your WP plugin Admin page is too small and blurry to read.  All we need is a screen shot of the SLP Plugin environment that also shows PHP versions etc.

INFO Plugin Environment  needed A screenshot of that would be appreciated.

Do you have any add-ons?

What version PHP?

laurence
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Cici,

Is there any possible workaround to display the email addresses in the mean time? My client is very annoyed with me over this.

See below info on the Plugin Environment Page:

Store Locator Plus:4.9
    Site URL: http://www.3at1.co.za
    This Info Cached: 1512128690
    Network Active: No
    WordPress Version: 4.9.1
    PHP Version: 5.4.44
    MySQL Version: 5.5.56
    PHP Limit: 512M
    WordPress General Limit: 40M
    WordPress Admin Limit: 512M
    PHP Peak RAM: 59 MB
    PHP Post Max Size: 8M

Many thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

If someone searches by zip code and no results are found they would have to re-enter another search on the search form, I am not clear about your question.    But it appears your search is not working on your site. Is your WP admin in English or another language?  Did you jump versions, i.e. did you used to have an older version of SLP?

As far as responsiveness, your theme combined with the plugin style you choose  from the gallery determines responsiveness.Some of the Plugin styles work best with the experience add-on or Premier.

To change elements  easily within the layouts  requires the Experience add-on .  Or you can try  adding a hook/filter in your WordPress theme change it  with CSS or JavaScript or any number of ways outside of the Experience plugin.. To change it from the SLP admin panel via settings,  you  would need the Experience add on. 

You are receiving a message that you have no Google Map API keys. and no secured site certificate

See Results layout and how to change in Documentation

Results settings

I have reported the error message you are seeing in your WP Admin panel to the developer

laurence
    Participant

I ask that question because searches are not bring up results when they clearly should, so I was wondering if all fields are searched. If I search Cape Town, surely all locations with the words Cape Town anywhere in the address fields should come up?

WP Admin is in English, yes

I update the plugin when I get a chance, but previously there were layout problems with side-by-side search results and map so it is possible that more than one versions were skipped yes.

Thanks for recommending the experience add-on, but it is massively expensive, especially in my country. The plugin comes to around R3500.00. I simply want to display the email addresses that should be displayed by default. Are you saying I need to spend all that money for something so small and simple?

Cici
    Keymaster

Email addresses will display, I thought your question was to change the way the results load now.

Here is an explanation of how the basic free Search Plugin works

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/search-panel-settings/

I do not know much about your site, but there is more than one Cape Town in the world so the Google algorithm and interface needs more information.  It is the google search engine that determines where to search.  the Add-ons that were built, such as experience add-on are designed to pass resolvers along to help Google make a better guess.

That is what the discrete search function etc does (that is also included with experience add-on.

As far as your email question: I understood ( I thought) that you did not want the word email but the actual email address to be displayed…the  label can be changed with the Experience add on, by adding a hook/filter in your WordPress theme or creating a small plugin to do just that. yes… it can be changed with CSS or JavaScript or any number of ways outside of the Experience plugin.  To change it from the admin panel via settings, yes you  need the Experience add on.

As far as your price point issue:

The author could keep adding  more and more “rudimentary” options that every person asks for into the free plugin  1) People complained there were too many settings and 2) NOBODY paid for support. That model proved to not be viable.

For those that don’t value the thousands of hours  spent building and documenting the plugin and keeping it maintained can always take the time to code the same features in their own add ons or themes. The base product is 100% documented with phpDoc and includes all the hooks and filters you need to do anything the add on products do. Every single add on that we have is built using nothing more than what ships in the free product.

laurence
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Please don’t misunderstand, I’m not criticising the author for charging for his/her hard work, I’m simply saying that this is not an extra that I’m asking for, it’s the absolute basics – please see my attached screenshot.

I’m grateful for the free plugin and If I need some more functionality in future and my client is willing to pay for it, I will be happy to get the Experience Add-on, but spending R3500 to simply display an email address and Tel & Fax labels in the search results? My client will laugh at me. I thought it may be some kind of software error.

Thanks again for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

You need to add what you want it to display.  Go to Settings/results/labels….under phone in the box type phone, under fax in the box type fax…We leave them blank so people who want to show something different, like the word telephone in stead of phone can do so…

See the documentation, about results settings scroll down halfway down the page and see under RESULTS LABELS

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. It is helpful if you follow the Posting Guidelines and create a post title that is specific to an issue you are having.  A title of MAJOR PROBLEMS  would lead me to believe that your whole site crashed when you installed the plugin or worse.  If your title for the topic is not specific enough you chance others glomming onto your post and your request gets buried. We wouldn’t want that.

For instance, if you would like to ask about Displays in Results,  a good forum title would be Results settings.  Please review the documentation,  you can search by keyword. We cannot guess how everyone might search but we add as many tags as possible. most questions are answered there.  If there is a search term you do not see that you would find useful please let us know

laurence
    Participant

Thanks Cici,

I will do so in future…

Nope, the label fields are not blank by default and still no response to my question relating to the lack of email addresses being displayed, which is the biggest problem that my client is angry about.

Are these errors or simply the way the plugin is?

I do appreciate your time…

I’ll post this to a new subject separately as well.

Cici
    Keymaster

As far as your :

• This error shows on the top of the page – Notice: Undefined property: SLP_Admin_General::$addon in /home/sureinv7/public_html/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/include/base_class.object.php on line 41

We cannot generate that error and it would only show to you if you have debug mode on. We do not see a bug on that line and it would not generate an error for SLP. Were you using debug mode when seeing that error?

You have no Google MAP API on your site and seem to have a static page. I cannot see errors being generated there from SLP

But do see what your issue is after seeing some of your locations had the tel. I inspected the elements:

these result wrappers and your location boxes  are inherited from div#id from your generate press and something they have added to results ouput, A

someone apparently typed in tel:  number for this one location?<span class=”slp_result_address slp_result_phone”>Tel: 011 907 0069</span>

lberton – Newmarket Mall, Gauteng11.2 km

Shop 23, Newmarket Mall, Cnr Heidelberg Road and Swart Koppies RoadAlberton, GautengTel: 011 907 0069Fax: 011 907 0087
    Under your SLP /Settings/results /appearance/ layout do you see this?
    class=”slp_result_address slp_result_phone”>
    [slp_location phone]</span><span class slp_result_address slp_result_fax”>[slp_location fax]</span></div><div
    because when I look at your site everything is being overwritten and contained in some results wrapper that is not SLP  CSS . I believe it is coming from your strict rules under your generatepress theme.  I have no experience with that theme but it is forcing results from the div//*[@id=”results_box_output”]
    Inspect your site in the browser and you will see the div css  which has all the results wrappers forced under it. (I have no idea when this was generated by your site or developer or their theme or if you have a new theme or if you were using a different SLP plugin style once upon a time, but it is taking over the styling).
    If you switch temporarily to a WordPress basic theme and use SLP base plugin and add in your labels, email etc I bet you will see it appear as it should.
    <div class=“store_locator_plus generatepress”><div id=”sl_div”><div id=”sl_top”><div id=”search_box”><div id=”search_box_header”><span id=”slp_option_js_search_box_title”></span></div><div id=”search_box_form”><form id=”searchForm” class=”slp_search_form” action=”” onsubmit=”cslmap.searchLocations(); return false;”>
    <div id=”results_box_output”>
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Major problems’ is closed to new replies.