Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support location_manager is not defined

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    engineering1
    Participant

Hello there!

I recently just purchased this plugin for use in a WordPress multi-site environment. I followed these steps in this order:

Unzip slp4, slp-experience, slp-janitor, slp-power, slp-premier.
    Move folders over to content/plugins within my WordPress install.
    Moved contents of “/slp4/store-locator-le/” immediately up a level to “/slp4/” because WordPress was not recognizing the plugin due to folder nesting.
    Network Activated SLP4.
    Network Activated SLP-Premier
    Network Activated Janitor, Power, Experience
    Input premier subscription userID/subscriptionID into the SLP Admin
    Got Google Cloud Platform API key
    Input Google API keys in the SLP Admin
    Clicked on “Locations” to begin adding locations.
    Error thrown: Uncaught ReferenceError: location_manager is not defined — admin-locations-tab.min.js

I’m currently using these versions of the plugins:
    SLP4: 4.9.16
    SLP-Experience: 4.9.14
    SLP-Janitor: 4.9
    SLP-Power: 4.9.15
    SLP-Premier: 4.9.16

It seems that after that error is thrown, all of Vue breaks down: in the “Add” screen, the save button, cancel buttons are in their {{pre-Vue-interpreted states}}. I’m able to get “Import” or “Load” screens to render if I do not click on the “Add” screen first. In one case, I was able to test CSV uploads, but we can’t currently entertain the option of using that method of adding locations.

Please note, I also tried applying the twentyseventeen theme with absolutely no other plugins activated and was still reproducing this error.

If you could please get back to me at your earliest possible convenience, it would be appreciated. Please also let me know if you would like more information. At this time, I am unable to link you directly to the website.

Thanks in advance!

(PS: We are using WordPress 4.9.6)

engineering1
    Participant

After looking through some of the code, it became clear that some parts of the plugins rely on a specific, static directory path to the main SLP plugin. I remembered when I installed all these plugins that the ZIP-file for the main plugin created an additional level of directory nesting. Since WordPress requires the main plugin entry point at the top-level plugin folder, I moved the contents up a folder into “slp4”: “slp4” was the folder that was created when I unzipped the files (since it is the name of the zip).

After renaming the top-level folder for the main SLP plugin to “store-locator-le” my problems resolved themselves.

You can mark this as resolved.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by engineering1.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Whew! Thanks for letting us know. I was going to ask if you had something like Smush, apparently Smush was breaking javascript and thus in conflict with SLP.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘location_manager is not defined’ is closed to new replies.