Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus location sensor zooms out

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Maikel
    Participant

Hi!

Since the last update (SLP 4.9.18, experience and power 4.9.17) the location sensor initially shows the correct locations (on the map and listing) for a few seconds but then automatically zooms out and shows all locations.

Wordpress, theme and all plugins are up-to-date.

Could you please help me out?

Cheers,
    Maikel

Cici
    Keymaster

I need your site url. Or you can check using any Browser developer tools, inspect Console, do you have any errors/ Do you have Google APi keys?
    Are your settings on “do not auto zoomn”?

There isnt enough information here to be able to pinpoint your issue. I have noticed that you have posted in forums in the past, each time we have asked for your site url so that we could assist you but you have not provided us the info.

I can only steer you to the Troubleshooting section in the documentation under the circumstances.

Maikel
    Participant

Hi!

Sorry, the url is https://www.dagelijks-leven.nl/locaties

I’ve made an API key. where should I put it? In the server tap there are two lines, ‘google geocoding key’ and ‘google browser key’. Where should I put the API key?
    I’ve only got one key, the ‘regular’ API key. I’ve tried it with browser restrictions, and without, created a ‘geocoding key’, made a http-referrer, but nothing seems to work. after a few seconds I’m still getting an error message ‘No API keys’. The map stays visible though.

I checked the ‘do not auto zoom’.

Cici
    Keymaster

The key without the referrer is the Browser key. Enter it under general/Server/ Google BROWSER KEY

If you added an HTTP referrer restriction then you need two keys, as explained in the documentation.

The Browser key is used to display the map and handle user-input addresses during a location search. The Geocoding key is used on your WordPress server to geocode locations you’ve entered via the Google API. You do not need the geocoding key unless you have added referrer restrictions.

You may have a different issue, using developers console that site is returning this:error concerning your SSL. For location sensor to work you need a valid SSL cert.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE

Cici
    Keymaster

I am guessing after looking at your Page the Google API key is not your particular issue, at least not yet, you r site is still displaying and up and running,,,,the bigger issue is the SSL cert. Google is getting very strict on that , as is many other browsers

When I visit your site, the zoom is appearing to work correctly. Double check your settings especially if you did a manual update instead of an auto update.

Manual updates can lose some settings, as explained in Lances news artice

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/manually-updating-wordpress-plugins/

Cici
    Keymaster

There is a fix for the zoom issue that is coming out in Power 4.9.19, this will be avilable within the next couple of days, check your Plugin for auto update or check the versions available next time you log into your WP site

Cici
    Keymaster
    Maikel
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for your efforts! I’ve updated store locator plus (the main plugin)
    as wel as ‘power’ and ‘experience’. Unfortunately the problem persists
    though. I got a new API key and checked the SSL certificate with google
    and got an ‘A’ rating, so that shouldn’t be the problem. The Javascript
    console doesn’t display problems anymore also.
    But somehow the issue remains.

Store Locator Plus™:4.9.19
    Experience:4.9.17
    Power:4.9.19

URL site:https://www.dagelijks-leven.nl
    Deze Info Gecached:1535960822
    Netwerk Actief:Nee

WordPress versie:4.9.8
    PHP Versie:7.1.20-1+0~20180725103315.2+stretch~1.gbpd5b650
    MySQL-versie:5.5.5

PHP Limiet:256M
    WordPress Algemene Limiet:40M
    WordPress Admin Limiet:256M
    PHP Piek RAM:6 MB
    PHP Max Bericht Grootte:32M

Cici
    Keymaster

Im sorry, we thought it was zoom and had an update in 4.9.19, but someone mentioned it still persisted, got the developer to delve in deeper and  it was a bug   it was fixed in Power 4.9.20 (red face)

Sorry.  there have been so many changes with Google APIs lately and so many people not adding the geocoder API..it has been  the go to answer.

Please accept my apologies…

Maikel
    Participant

Hi Cici,

This update solves the problem! Tnx a bunch! No apologies needed, I’m glad you guys figured it out. Google doesn’t make it easy for developers and I’m even having  a hard time to get an API working, so I guess it’s a 100 times more difficult to cope with that.

cheers,
    Maikel

Cici
    Keymaster

Google algorithms are getting more and more restrictive or invasive, don’t know which.   Now even their own commercial “Proprietary” maps that run on their own Algorithms will not let you search by zip code and return correct zip codes if you have never searched there before.  They are telling you to “add a place” (maybe they want o sell more of their PLACE APIs which of course charges you an even higher rate per use)   or they return a street address for options to choose from and they say “Add more info like the text zip code”  We can only tell our customers to add labels in search forms or as responses to add more defining  info, like state etc instead just a number.

we have added features to Premier to counter act this, such as show Google guesses but there are only so many ways to try and circumvent their algortihms.

Thanks for understanding and for your patience

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.