Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Location Sensor finds, then relocates elsewhere?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Shaun
    Participant

Hello,

Using the SLP plugin. HTTPS. Active SSL. I have Google API key setup. Using the Power plugin with the Location Sensing option checked.

When a visitor hits the map page, it shows the correct locations near them. Shows all of the pinned locations on the US map (no zoom in as intended). All good. Then after a few seconds the map zooms in and switches to Oklahoma as the default. No longer showing locations near me (Maryland). Always the same revert to Oklahoma. Very odd.

What’s going on? Did I miss something? Setting maybe?

Same issue is happening on multiple sites I manage. Same setup for all. Here’s one example: https://syrenusa.com/dealer-locator/

Any help is appreciated.

ps. I had to enable geolocations api as well as javascript api in google cloud platform. Is there another API that I need to enable for SLP to work properly?

Thanks,
    Shaun

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Shaun.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Sorry Shaun,
    I thought I answered you, apparently I did not submit. Power version 4.9.19 will fix the zoom issue hopefully, i just tested it on my site after another customer told us zoom was not working correctly. just make sure you have location sensor turned on after you update.
    You are a Premier user so should be posting in Premier forum, that helps us with our answers, knowing you have certain settings available to you that others may not.

. As far as the Google API. That is the way it always worked but mots people did not realize it until they had to transition and add a billing account. Google is coming down hard as they said they would for past few months.

I did not see any errors under your console so you have the right google API libraries enabled now.

Shaun
    Participant

Thanks Cici. Sorry I didn’t realize there were separate forums for Premier.

I’m currently using SLP 4.9.18 and Power plugin 4.9.17 and WP isn’t prompting me to update the plugin yet. No version beyond 4.9.17 available on the SLPT site downloads page either?

How can I get the 4.9.19 version of Power? And is it compatible with the current SLP 4.9.18 as well or do I need to update that too?

Cici
    Keymaster

Power updated should fix the zoom issue.

See the News feed for other patches
    https://www.storelocatorplus.com/store-locator-plus-updates-and-patches/

Shaun
    Participant

I just updated both SLP and Power to the latest. Still having the same issue though?

Works fine at first. Shows locations near me (Maryland). Shows whole US map with locations pinned. Then a few seconds later it auto-zooms and changes to Oklahoma locations. Not near me. Very frustrating!

Am I missing something?

Shaun
    Participant

Cici, the issue appears to be related to the HOME location. It first senses the correct location. Pins it near me (Maryland). Then re-pins the location to Oklahoma. Then zooms in to the pin after it switches states.

I looked over all settings. I cannot figure out why it’s doing this? Also tried clearing cache and resetting file permissions on sever side. No dice.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hmm, I will take a look again. I am wondering if there is another plugin or theme that is in conflict.

Cici
    Keymaster

Can you check off Do not show home marker? I am trying to recreate on my site and I think I may have recreated it. But I will have to dig in at your site to see if we have same settings . I also have Premier loaded

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, so now I have shut off my Premier and experience, I changed ,y Plugin style to be’ Metropolis”, I have radius behavior as always use now. I have my center map at US. Now the map loads correctly showing me results around me but then a second or two later the results are not shown and I am getting a different message

the one thing i see that we both have in common and that is the Console browser warning from Google about deprecating the SSL certificate at M70. I have been seeing that warning for a year now. The SSL certificates have been a big debate and a huge issue now for over
    a year. i am going to see if I can dig in further on this subject matter and also see if the developer has any idea of what might be going on. Thanks for trying the updates. they did fix the other zoom issue users were experiencing but the resetting when using Location senor was not an issue for that user.

Also I have another test site at my disposal that I will delve into when i can

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

I am testing a bug fix for the developer  concerning the location sensor. There was a callback/timeout issue that would initially load correctly but then time out after a few seconds so i am testing that next update will be version 4.9.20.

As far as the :geoloaction API. I spoke to the developer. SLP has never needed the geolocation API to work properly. It needs the two APIS enabled, Maps Javascript  API and geocoding APIs. I will be clarifying this in docs pages since there has been some confusion and of course the google Cloud Platform screenshots have changed so much recently.

IF you need Geolocation API it would possibly mean that your theme needed it and if it was not present it would break javascript, which in turn would effect SLP.  But that API is not required for SLP to work properly. if you look at the description of what the geolocation API is and the intended use, it is for Mobile App , Wifi cell towers.  Geocoding

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Shaun

Patched in Power 4.9.20, SLP is on 4.9.19.

You may post in the Premier forums, I double checked your status and it is enabled for you.

Shaun
    Participant

Thanks Cici, Updating now…

Regarding the Google API’s. I’ve only enabled MAPS Javascript API and Geocoding API so when entering locations Google will send back lat and long coordinates. I have not enabled geolocations but would I need this for location sensing if a viewer is trying to find their nearest location on the map using a mobile device? cell phone, tablet? Or not necessary for this functionality?

Shaun
    Participant

Update to Power 4.9.20 seems to have fixed the issue I was having. Thanks!!

Shaun
    Participant

I’d love it if SLP could work with Alexa skills to develop custom skills. For example, skill that lets people “find nearest X to me” so the X returned data can ping the SLP map and return responses. This is something I believe many SLP users could benefit from. Just saying… 😉

Cici
    Keymaster

Jim, I provided another info about the SEO Page and the Fallback info on the Split page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.