Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jill
    Participant

I am receiving the following error after setting up the SLP widget with either the state or city selectors.

“Store Locator Plus did not send back a valid  JSONP Response”.

I have deactivated each of the other plugins we are currently using on the website one at a time, and none seem to be causing the issue. I  also tried activating the WordPress 2014 and 2015 themes and I’m receiving the same error.

After reviewing the troubleshooting documentation, I just checked to ensure Ajax wasn’t being blocked and it came back  {“success”:true,…

I’ve attached a screenshot of the plugin environment for reference.

Do you have any other suggestions of what may be causing this error? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

Is this a test site dev site or a production site? Could you provide the site url that has the locator page on it so the developer can check it out.   SLP 4.4.35 was supposed to have fixed any errors on this end.

Oh one more thing, which order did you update the EXP pack first or the SLP 4.4.35 first? If you deactivate the SLP EXP add-on do you get any errors?

Jill
    Participant

Hello,

It is currently setup as a test site to get everything configured correctly.

The url is:
    http://www.ninthfloor.ca/client/nwtestmap/dealers

I updated the SLP plugin first to 4.4.35  and then uploaded the Experience zip file I had downloaded after purchase last week.

Jill
    Participant

I’m not sure why the url is not appearing in the message above.

The url is http://www.ninthfloor.ca/client/nwtestmap/dealers

Thank you

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jill

I cant see the site url.  You have PhP less than 5.5 which if you had installed 4.4.34 would have sent back that JSONP ,  response, can you clear the cache on the browser you are using to test with? and then deactivate and reinstall SLP to 4.4.35, and lets see if that clears it out.

Jill
    Participant

There are no errors when I deactivate the Experience add-on, just the SLP widget in the sidebar becomes inaccessible.

Jill
    Participant

I’ve cleared the cache, deactivated, deleted SLP 4.4.35 and re-installed. I unfortunately am still getting the same JSONP error.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hmm and only when using the Widgets in EXP? Do you have a theme tor do you have other widgets on the page besides SLP? I need as much info as possible to bump up, I could not see your site url. is it the same as the one in your screenshot of the plugin environment?

Jill
    Participant

We are working with a custom theme however we received the same JSONP error when switching to the default WordPress 2014 and 2015 themes.

I currently have the SLP cities widget setup in the global sidebar on its own. I also had it setup independently  in the page sidebar yesterday, but was getting the same error. I’ve included a screenshot for you of the widget setup.

The url is the same as in my previous screenshot. http://www.ninthfloor.ca/client/nwtestmap/dealers

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Jill, I found it and saw the error response, I am submitting to the developer

Jill
    Participant

Thank you!

Cici
    Keymaster

No Problem, I just ran through the test, I didn’t have 4.4.08 but 4.4.07  but when I updated to 4.4.08 was able to re-create the issue as well.

, I have alerted Lance that this is an issue, it appears to be specific to the state drop down Widget.

Stay tuned for a fix when it is available

Jill
    Participant

Ok thank you for looking into this.

One other question as I try to find a temporary alternative solution.

I currently have the State/Province selector on the SLP search form (not the SLP widget) setup and since there are multiple locations within Canada and the US, the provinces and states are mixed in together alphabetically in the drop down menu, which is a bit confusing.

Is there a way to have the provinces/states listed below their respective country within the
    dropdown selector? <b></b><i></i><u></u>

For example –

Canada—
    AB
    BC
    MB
    NB

USA—
    ME
    WA

Thanks again for your assistance.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

First….The EXP 4.4.09 pre release is out, since you have a test site can you download and test on your site, I have done so on mine and it is fixed.

The question about states under countries that would be possible I believe in Premier, let me double check that first, I know there was someone who was asking for that feature before, so I will get back to you on that one ok.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

The question about having the states appear under countries sounded familiar but it wasnt exactly the same request someone else made in the past

That is outside the scope of the current plugin and would be a customization. You would need to send a request for a quote with the details through the Paid customization “contact us” form and include  details, specifics and the developer would give you a quote. The project start date wouldn’t be until May since he has other paid custom development projects going on.

Jill
    Participant

Ok thank you for all the information. I will download the pre-release of the Experience Add-on and give it a try.

Jill
    Participant

The EXP pre-release 4.4.09 seems to have fixed it. Thank you for your support. Great Plugin.

Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks Jill, there will be a 4.4.10 version out as well, Lance had to add something for one of our Premier customers. I don’t have the details as yet. I am happy he was able to address the issue so quickly since it is spring break and he has his son.   🙂

If you want to help SLP improve and can take a minute to submit a rating on the WP plugin it would be greatly appreciated.  If you don’t think we warrant a five star please let us know so we can resolve it…(the WP rating reviews are  intended for the base Plugin)

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Jill

There is  a rating that reflected poorly on my support…so if you have a chance and think we (or support or the base plugin)  deserve a

★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org.  A huge thank you from Lance and his fellow code geeks!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.