Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Importing locations using the Power addon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cody
    Participant

Hi,

We have around 2900 locations and we are trying to export the locations and then import them and have Google geocode all the locations.

According to this doc https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/google-geocoding-browser-keys/ we don’t need a geocoding key if we have a browser key with no restrictions. Is that correct?

We tried importing the locations but it stays stuck at 0%. I also created a new Google project / browser key, updated the settings, and then went to the import page, it’s still stuck at 0%. The file has been uploaded in the media library and I tested downloading it. Is there a way to cancel an import? Do I need to do a new import?

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

I believe we may have answered this, but you are correct, you shouldnt need a geocoding key if you do not have referrer restirctions.

Things to check, see under docs…

WPCRON. If your file IS in the media library but never gets past  the offset “0” setting check to make sure your server  has not disabled the WordPress Cron .

Cody
    Participant

Hey Cici,

We checked with our server team and WP cron is enabled.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

Thought I provided you the link ..

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/power-import-and-wpslp/

i.e please refer to the docs on that page,

If it is shown as “zero” then your WordPress Uploads directory for the media library has been set to non-standard restricted access meaning the background location import process is not allowed to open the file after it was uploaded.

If you try it with a very small file, and you have deleted your SL_id column, and it still isn’t working there is something wrong with your configuration in WP.

You can send us your csv file and we will test on our site, but we have a very large client importing weekly and they have not had issues with import.

Cici
    Keymaster

Cody,
    I just imported the sample csv file, the two rows sent by Jay. Not any problems loading into my test site whatsoever. It imported so quickly I had to go back and check under locations to make sure it was actually there, and it was, the two 84 lumber locations in texas. So your csv file is correctly formatted and it is most likely an issue with your configuration. As mentioned check the settings, something is non standard. I cannot test it any further. Hope you can get it resolved

Cody
    Participant

Thanks. As mentioned via email it was an issue with our clone site as it worked on the live site and on our local test environment.

To successfully update the lat/long of all locations, we had to do the following:
    1. Export all locations, delete the lat/long of all locations, and delete the sl_id column.
    2. Delete all locations in the backend and then do an import.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing locations using the Power addon’ is closed to new replies.