Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Import Issue, Power Add-on

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Katie
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to import about 243,000 locations and have had to redo them multiple times because of errors. I have multiple tags and taxonomy categories to import. So far it is trying to add them via UPDATE regardless of the option I choose. I need to use the ADD option and Skip Geocoding. It also appears to be creating pages in the SQL DB which are also not needed. I have tried directly importing the CSV to SQL, but it doesn’t import the taxonomy correctly. I receive a 500 error on admin-ajax.php after hitting import and they never finish in the WP admin. I have to logs on the SQL server to see if they have finished. My files are chunked out to 3000 locations per file. Any help you have would be great!

Store Locator Plus:4.7.9
    Power:4.7.10
    This Info Cached:1495482685
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.7.5
    PHP Version:5.6.29-0+deb8u1
    MySQL Version:5.5.5
    PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:50 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:8M

Cici
    Keymaster

You should be doing scheduled imports (documentation) and geocoding.    That is what those options are for.   Yes, it does create a WP “page” for each location.  That is required to properly utilize WP categories so you should not try to bypass it.

Under the documentation for Large Lists import

MySQL import  info in documentation:

“If checked , use the faster MySQL Load Data method of file processing. Only base plugin data can be loaded, see the approved field name list. This feature will only import basic location data. It does not import extended data fields or (formerly lkown as Tagalong) category data. If you use this along with  pre-entered latitude and longitude values you can import 100,000 locations in less than 10 minutes on a basic web server. The column headers must be included in the file and must match the basic fields. You do NOT need to include all columns.  “

There is other information under the Large Lists import that you need to take into consideration including the Google API limits, php, WP limitation etc.

You might also want to  check out our MySLP SaaS Service.

Katie
    Participant

Thanks for your reply! My reference to the SQL server earlier was importing them through phpmyadmin directly adding the column names. I am not using the the Load Data option in the plugin.

I have set up the scheduled imports to a file on the server and set it to hourly and “now”. It imported 2900 and quit. It has been more than an hour since the initial import. My data is already geocoded and I have zero quota errors in the google developer console.

Thanks for your help.

Katie
    Participant

Is there a repository with older versions (4.7.6) of the plugin? I wasn’t having these issues until recently. Thank you!

Cici
    Keymaster

This is not an issue with the Power add-on nor the SLP current versions. If anything the efficiencies have been improved.  The CSV meta should be enabled automatically via the Power file import module.   If it is not able to do so it is likely due to a restriction in the server PHP environment.

If you are on a shared hosting plan, especially a lower-end GoDaddy hosting plan, consider upgrading your hosting.  You will likely have issues with completing the entire file import without experiencing a timeout.   Google restricts how many of their services can be used by a single server.

If there are 20,000 other companies on the same server you will all be sharing the Google quota.   As requests for that server get near the daily quota established by Google , your sites performance   will be significantly impaired when trying to load the geocoding requests.   Note:  This can also impact users when they type in their address on your map page as it uses the same Google service to figure out the latitude/longitude for where that address.

Katie
    Participant

Thanks for being patient with my issues. We are currently on shared hosting for dev and will move to a stand alone server for production. I reverted back to version 4.73 of slp and 4.7.1 power and they appear to be uploading now without trying to update each entry, my biggest issue with the latest release. I just need to add all locations. I will keep an eye out in future updates to see it I have the same issue. Attached is the error I get on both versions.

I think you can close this one for now. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Import Issue, Power Add-on’ is closed to new replies.