Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    grayloon
    Participant

I’m having trouble importing stores to my client’s website. The loader never advances and the stores never upload. They haven’t had problems in the past. The site is hosted on Pantheon and the file contains about 94 locations. Any ideas why this is happening?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing your plugin environment and  screenshots.

Can you turn on the import messages and report what it is showing?

Do you have your csv file properly formatted? I,e no sl_id column if they are not replacing a current location?  

grayloon
    Participant

I don’t seem to be getting any import messages. The screen never advances past the 0% loader. However, I can confirm that the csv file is being uploaded to the server.

The columns I’m using are:

sl_store    sl_address    sl_address2    sl_city    sl_state    sl_zip    sl_phone

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by grayloon.
    Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

To see Import messages you need to turn on messages by checking it off  under General/Admin/log import messages.  It shows the files that are being loaded as they load, (check off load data) but the verbiage at the bottom line as you have shown is not appearing at the moment.

I tested my site and it imported and the blue boxes showing status worked. So now I am wondering if there is an issue with your geocoding API key or something  else, like communication or firewall on the server is preventing your upload.

grayloon
    Participant

I turned on import messages in General/Admin but they’re still not showing up.

The odd thing is we have another site using the same plugin environment on the same server and it’s working fine. I also tested everything locally and it worked fine.

grayloon
    Participant

I should also note that this has worked in the past, as early as October 2018. Could it be an issue with WordPress 5.0.x?

Cici
    Keymaster

WP 5 could be causing the issue with the import log messages, but WP version 5.0.3 fixed the CSV file upload. yes they broke that import functionality before.But you are showing that you are using WP 5.0.3  That should have fixed any import issues.

I am not sure if your site configuration is different then mine, Our developer has been

I see you are showing Power as version 5.0, there was an update, it should be 5.0.1 deactivate the SLp and Power plugin and see if  you get a message to update or there is a newer update. The version under our version file was mislabeled, I just noticed that.  You should have version 5.0.1 available

Cici
    Keymaster

You dont have to worry about updating Power to 5.0.1 I am told, there will be a new version coming out. Power 5.0.1 had an attempt at a work around for the WP bug they introduced

So now I guess it may be a good idea to make sure  your server is talking to Google APi etc.  But you said the locations were stuck and not loading at all? or is it they are just not geocoding?  if you check off the box to skip geocoding do they load?

Other then that you can send your csv file to us at Contact us as attachment in email  and I can review if you want

grayloon
    Participant

I’ve actually reached out to the server via a support ticket because I cloned the live site into a test environment on the same server and it worked there.

I tried checking the box to skip geocoding and it still doesn’t progress past 0% (see the attached image).

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

I have no guesses /options left to explore.  🙁

If it is working on your cloned test site environment  and not on your regular site, then I think you need to look into the differences there, I cannott make any inferences with the screenshot provided.  It works for me, it works on your other site, so the question is,, what is the difference in plugins or server or security settings or site configuration that differentiates the two.

You can view the Import docs and see if anything jumps out at you. I.e CRON etc

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/power-import-and-wpslp/

P.S. About the import messages: Spoke to the developer and that feature  was disabled in one of the updates for Power .  large sites uploading large files were finding it slowed and  could crash their servers  because of the real estate (resources)  being used within the server.  Most people were not using the feature. He will take out that enable Log import and import message checkbox at some future update but he is very much involved in working with a large client at this time with focus on other priorities and customization

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.