Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    pa
    Participant

I am unable to import my locations… The imports do show up (eventually) but they aren’t processed. See screenshot.

I have a feeling that the old tests are blocking the newer files.

These issues started when updating to the newest version.

I am supposed to launch the store locator for this site today so this is terrible for me and the client.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    pa
    Participant

This is the data in the media file btw:

Data Type: location_csv
    Next process time: Thu, 14 Dec 17 13:00:31 +0000
    Last Processed Record: 0
    Reading Offset: 0

And this is AFTER I set the entire wp-content/ directory to 777. Should be sufficient. And wp-cron is running.

Cici
    Keymaster

Please post your Plugin environment, there have been updates. Showing no records processed indicates your files may be corrupt.

While Lance was working with a customer who has over 1000 locations and they tested imports they discovered that using some Excel versions and Safari (Mac) are causing files to be corrupted when downloaded as csv. Solution is to use Google Sheets and download from there. Look at your media file, open it and see if the columns etc are correct. When they used Google sheets and downloaded from that form to CSV, the import worked quickly and with no errors.

pa
    Participant

Hello,

I know that Excel produces some weird results, which is why I don’t use it 🙂
    I used OpenOffice and made sure to “quote all text within cells” and use comma for separation, just like the documentation says to.
    I used an identical file for import before upgrading to the latest version and that worked great.

How do I get rid of the old (failed) imports?

pa
    Participant

For the time being, I have opted to revert to an old version and the import worked flawlessly.

Cici
    Keymaster

Power did not handle the import files any differently other then now it is in your media libray.

Export to UTF-8 and NOT in mac forma

And do NOT manually add commas and quotes to fields. I do not know where in documentation you see add quotes and commas.

We always suggest using Google sheets and download as csv file format, it will put the commas etc in for you. Do not try to create your own csv file.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/location-imports-with-power-add-on/

Cici
    Keymaster

Even just as an interim step… upload your Open office file to Google Sheets
    Open it and look at the data.

Is it clean? No special characters in the fields? No quotes or rogue commas that shouldn’t be there?

Good… export it… upload THAT exported file to SLP.

Cici
    Keymaster

We are also doing more testing on large lists and the files becoming corrupted on some sites, I just discovered one corrupt line on a file I exported and then re-imported, where one line came in skewed could you tell us how many locations you are importing.

Lance is checking the WP records and how they are handling files in media data library

Cici
    Keymaster

Paul, we really need to see your SLP Plugin environment, it will show us versions, including which version of WP you are using, PHP, SQL…cannot troubleshoot properly without that information. WP version changed so lance had to write two separate codes , one to work with pre WP 4.8.3 and one to work with WP 4.9 and higher

pa
    Participant

NOW I can suddenly reply in this thread… wth.

And do NOT manually add commas and quotes to fields. I do not know where in documentation you see add quotes and commas.

I never said I manually added any commas. In the documentation it clearly states: “Export to a CSV format. Comma delimited not tab delimited and quoted strings if given the option.“. This is what I said I did.

We always suggest using Google sheets and download as csv file format, it will put the commas etc in for you. Do not try to create your own csv file.

Where are you getting this “manually” from? I never said I did any of that. I said I used Open Office and ticked in “use commas” and “quote all text strings”. Like it says to do.

upload your Open office file to Google Sheets
    Open it and look at the data.

Is it clean? No special characters in the fields? No quotes or rogue commas that shouldn’t be there?

The file is fine. Export from Google sheets yields a file identical to the one I uploaded. I checked with DiffMerge.

could you tell us how many locations you are importing.

191 locations.

Like I said before, the downgrade to previous version made the import work perfectly, so obviously there is SOME difference to the import process.

Paul, we really need to see your SLP Plugin environment, it will show us versions, including which version of WP you are using, PHP, SQL… cannot troubleshoot properly without that information. WP version changed so lance had to write two separate codes , one to work with pre WP 4.8.3 and one to work with WP 4.9 and higher

Who’s Paul? 🙂
    My name is Patrik.

Here’s the environment currently:

Store Locator Plus:4.8.7
    Power:4.8.6
    Site URL:https://www.————-.com
    This Info Cached:1513256284
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.9
    PHP Version:5.6.32
    MySQL Version:5.5.5
    PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:256M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:53 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:8M

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,
    You said old tests blocking,,,have you deleted the old files from media library to make sure the files uploaded are only the current ones? The issue we had seen had to do with PHP and that was why we asked if you could look at the export files. Since you are using PHP 5.6.32 that shouldnt be an issue, but WP did change the way some tables were handled with their WP 4.9 update so that is why we are doing extensive testing.

When you are uploading, did you check to make sure , if you have sl_id column and are importing, checked off duplicate csv handling that the sl_ids are the same. Not trying to be difficult but we have tested Power on multiple client sites and in our own testing environment and cannot recreate your issue. Can you send your import file that you are trying to import to the contact us support so we can take a look and test?
    P.S. as far as forums, yes bb press has had a ton of issues with the WP 4.9 , 4.9.1 etc updates. We also weren’t able to post in forums intermittently.

I have asked Lance to take a look at your site, but you have blocked the site url so we cannot see what may be different on your site. If you can send that information in private email to us that would help.
    We will not share any sensitive information

Cici
    Keymaster

Lance instructed me to have you send the CSV file, without we can not assist you. We are on versions 4.9.2 of Power and SLP.

Not sure which version you tried to update to when you experienced issues, was it 4.9/
    , There were some patches and now published for production sites on version 4.9.2. Suggest you go ahead and use the versions currently working for your site configuration, after you have launched that, if you want to test the newest versions on your staging or dev site and still have issues , you can contact support with the csv file.

Sorry for your inconvenience and using the wrong name

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Cici.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Received your file and it imported in our test site using SLP 4.9.2 and Power 4.9.2 without issue.

Info about your file, you had the sl_id column which we deleted since we do not have those locations in our database and it does not apply.

if you are importing a column with header sl_id,it is assumed you are using the csv duplicates handling and are just adding to or changing those specific locations. The sl_id MUST match what is already in the location for that field.
    this is not the same as an “identifier” which can be manually assigned by the user to match to an outside source. . when importing a fresh csv file you should remove the sl_id column completely. The sl_id is assigned by the SLP system and is not the same as an identifier. To add a unique identifier you must enable contact under general/data. Additional fields will then be available when you ahve the Power add-on activated.

Further explanations for others not privvy to the email can be found in our documentation site.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/csv-import-duplicates-handling/

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/contact-fields/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.